On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Tuesday, 18 April 2017
Back To School
- The second term of the 2017 school year begins today and all school-age children attending State schools are required to return to class this morning. Term 2 will conclude on Friday, June 23 with a sixteen day Winter break. Motorists should take note that reduced speed limits around school grounds also begin to apply from today and you can face a steep fine for exceeding them - so drive slowly.
Kingaroy Photographic Club Meeting
- The Kingaroy Photographic Club will be holding its 3rd Tuesday of the month meeting inside Kingaroy State High School's Community Room from 6:30pm this evening (access is via the Markwell Street bus parking area. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Rosemary on (07) 4162-3406.
Proston Over 50s Club
- The Proston Over 50s Club will be holding their regular third Tuesday of the month meeting and social at the Proston Town Hall in Rodney Street from 10:00am onwards today. The $2 admission fee includes morning tea and there'll be a communal lunch at around noon (bring along a plate to share). Members take part in various games, lucky door prizes and progressive raffles, and membership is just $5 per year, with bus trips are organised throughout the year. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Toowoomba Regional Council Meeting
- Toowoomba Regional Council will be holding its monthly Ordinary Meeting at Toowoomba City Hall at 541 Ruthven Street, Toowoomba at 10:00am this morning. Meetings are open to the public.
On The Move Walking Group - Kingaroy
- The On The Move Walking Group meets every Tuesday morning for a walk and chat. The group provides an opportunity for people of any fitness level to get out and be active, but the start time changes depending on the season. To find out the start time and location for today's walk, phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Tuesday Night Trivia - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be holding its regular Tuesday Night Trivia games this evening. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play starts at 7:00pm. Registration is just $2 and play is in teams of six. More details from the RSL: (07) 4162-1755.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
South Burnett Chorale - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Chorale will be holding their regular Tuesday practice night at the Church of Christ Hall at the corner of Haly and Burnett Streets in Kingaroy from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The Chorale meets every Tuesday night during school terms, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Margie on 0424-924-632.
Tuesday Night Indoor Bowls - Wondai
- The Wondai Indoor Bowls Club will be holding its regular Tuesday meeting at the Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 7:30pm this evening. Three games of 12 ends are played, lasting up to three hours, and playing fees are $3. New members are always welcome and you can find out more details by phoning secretary Christine Rasmussen at Wondai on (07) 4169-0995, Maryanne Pearce at Tingoora on (07) 4169 0776, or Faye Holding at Goomeri on (07) 4168 4494.
Tuesday Morning Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Nanango Scout Club Meeting
- The Nanango Scout Club - which meets every Tuesday night during school terms - will be holding its regular weekly meeting at the Scout Den at 40 Henry Street, Nanango (just next to the police station) from 5:30pm to around 7:00pm tonight. The group currently has three sections in operation: Joeys (for children aged 6 to 8 years); Cubs (8-11 years); and Scouts (11-15 years). New members are always very welcome, and so are new leaders and youth members for all sections. More details? Phone Shirley Masnata on (07) 4163-7455 or send her an email.
Danny's Diner - Kingaroy
- Danny's Diner - a free community dinner - will be held at the Uniting Church Hall at the corner of Alford and Youngman streets in Kingaroy from 5:30pm to 7:00pm tonight. The dinner is an initiative of the Kingaroy District Ministry Association for the benefit of anyone who's hungry or otherwise doing it tough. While an RSVP isn't essential, it would be appreciated to help plan the catering. You can make one by phoning Lenelle on (07) 4162-8482. You can also read more about Danny's Diner on our website.
Country Crafters Meeting - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Country Crafters will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The group caters for people interested in crafts and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone June on (07) 4170-0054 or Roslyn on (07) 4163-0682
Tuesday Social Bowls - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street, Nanango will be holding social lawn bowls games from 12:30pm this afternoon. Dress standard is mufti and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman at 9:30am. New members are very welcome. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Motorcycle Friendly Steering Committee - Kingaroy
- The second South Burnett Motorcycle Friendly Steering Committee meeting will be held at 7:00pm this evening at Kingsley Grove Estate at 49 Stuart Valley Drive south-west of Kingaroy (pizzas will be available from 6:00pm if you want to buy dinner). The aim of the meeting is to progress a recent decision by the South Burnett Regional Council to declare the South Burnett a motorcycle friendly region, and tonight organisers will be suggesting possible drives that members can document, amongst other things. The meeting would be of interest to all tourist operators, cafes, fuel stops and accommodation providers in the South Burnett, and everyone is welcome along. More details? Phone Mark on 0417-608-929.
Wine & Food In The Park Meeting - Kingaroy
- The Wine & Food In The Park festival committee will be meeting at the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy at 5:30pm this evening for a debriefing on the 2017 festival. More details? Phone Dafyd on (07) 4162-3899.
Careers In The ADF - Kingaroy
- If you're interested in a career in the Army, Navy or Air Force, the ADF will be holding an information evening at Kingaroy's Satellite Cinema in Short Street, Kingaroy at 5:45pm this evening. The ADF's info session will be followed by a free movie screening.
Tuesday, 18 April 2017