On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Wednesday, 19 April 2017
QCWA Twilight Branch Meeting - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy QCWA Twilight Branch will be holding their third Wednesday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms next to Kingaroy RSL in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to around 7:30pm tonight. The Twilight Branch is a new branch of the QCWA specifically designed for working women and busy mums. It meets in the evenings and is separate from the traditional Kingaroy branch (which meets during the day). The Twilight Branch is open to all women who'd like to take part in QCWA activities and/or find out more about this highly respected community organisation. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Anita on 0439-765-632 or email her. You can also read more about the branch on this page of our website.
South Burnett Regional Council Meeting
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding its monthly general meeting at the Glendon Street Council Chambers in Kingaroy at 9:00am this morning. Meetings are open to the public.
Blackbutt Camera Club Meeting
- The Blackbutt Camera Club will be holding a meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 4:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. The club meets on the first and third Wednesdays of every month except December and January. The first Wednesday is devoted to practical photography (bring your own camera and equipment) and the third Wednesday to a review of those images and talks and tips on software (bring your laptop), followed by a committee meeting at 7:00pm. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Annette on (07) 4163-0148 or send her an email.
Blackbutt Busy Needles Group
- The Blackbutt Busy Needles group will be meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 1:30pm today. The group meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on (07) 4170-0823 or Sue on (07) 4163-0919.
Spirit Of The Bush Balladeers Muster - Boondooma
- The first day of the week-long Spirit Of The Bush Balladeers & Heritage Muster will be held at Boondooma Homestead at 8262 Durong-Mundubbera Road, Boondooma today. This popular annual campout week features lots of Australia's top bush balladeers and poets (51 will be appearing at the Muster this year) along with walk-up artists. The Muster routinely attracts 700 to 800 caravanners plus day-trippers, and in addition to bucketloads of non-stop great music there'll also be great camp oven meals, a licensed bar, BBQ, stalls, displays of vintage cars and engines, photography and historical items. Tickets are $100 for the full seven days of the festival, or $10 if you just want a day pass for today only (children under 15 are free). Bush camping is available on-site and can be booked by phoning the Homestead's caretakers on (07) 4168-0159. You can also get a full program of this year's Muster in PDF format by clicking here.
Connections Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Connections Craft Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 12:00 noon to around 2:00pm this afternoon. Members can bring their own craft project, or join in an activity the group is doing. Everyone is welcome and morning tea is provided for a gold coin donation. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Kingaroy Carers Group Meeting
- The Kingaroy Carers Group will be holding their regular third Wednesday of the month meeting at the Kingaroy RSL's Function Room in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 10:30am to 12:30pm this morning. The group is open to anyone who acts as a carer. It's designed to provide a social and networking outlet for carers, who often find themselves isolated by their role. The group provides coffee, cake, companionship, support and information and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the Care for Carers team on (07) 4150 1900 or email them.
Kingaroy Red Ants Meeting
- The Kingaroy Red Ants rugby league club will be holding their monthly meeting at their clubhouse beside T.J. O'Neill oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Volunteers are still needed for this season's games in a variety of roles, and are always welcome.
TAFE Student Bistro - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy TAFE hospitality students will be running a bistro at the Kingaroy TAFE College in Geritz Road, Kingaroy from noon to 1:30pm today. Running the bistro is part of the students' training and they'll be offering $4 entrees, $7 mains and $4 desserts. The bistro is open to the public.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Wednesday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Wednesday Night Judo - Murgon
- The Murgon Judo Club will be holding its regular Wednesday training night at the Salvation Army Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon this evening. Junior classes will run from 4:30pm to 5:30pm and seniors from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Class fees are $4 for juniors and $6 for seniors. More details? Phone Stan on (07) 4168-3104 or (0414) 404-004
Social Card Games - Mondure
- Social card games will be played at Mondure Hall in Mondure from 6:30pm this evening. New players are very welcome.
Blackbutt Red Cross Meeting
- The Blackbutt branch of the Australian Red Cross will be holding their 3rd Wednesday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt tennis clubhouse in Hart Street, Blackbutt at 9:30am this morning. New members are always welcome.
Wednesday, 19 April 2017