On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Wednesday, 26 April 2017
Wedding & Formal Week - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy Shoppingworld will be holding a Wedding & Formal Week from today until Saturday. Over 20 bridal and formal wear stalls will be spread around the shopping centre, giving Shoppingworld customers the chance to view what's on offer from a big range of local service providers under one roof. There'll also be give away bags and prizes.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Connections Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Connections Craft Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 12:00 noon to around 2:00pm this afternoon. Members can bring their own craft project, or join in an activity the group is doing. Everyone is welcome and morning tea is provided for a gold coin donation. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Country Kitchens Walking Group - Kingaroy
- The Country Kitchens Walking Group will be leaving the Kingaroy QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street at 9:00am this morning for a walk around town, followed by as delicious and healthy gold coin donation morning tea back at the QCWA Rooms when the walk returns there some time between 10:00am and 10:30am. The new group is an initiative of QCWA Country Kitchens and each walk will be led by a personal trainer. The group is open to anyone who'd like to join in, and the walks will happen at the same time and place each Wednesday for the next 6 weeks - a great way to have fun and make new friends (especially for mums and bubs). More details? Phone Janelle on 0419-861-616.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
TAFE Student Bistro - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy TAFE hospitality students will be running a bistro at the Kingaroy TAFE College in Geritz Road, Kingaroy from noon to 1:30pm today. Running the bistro is part of the students' training and they'll be offering $4 entrees, $7 mains and $4 desserts. The bistro is open to the public.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Wednesday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Wednesday Night Judo - Murgon
- The Murgon Judo Club will be holding its regular Wednesday training night at the Salvation Army Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon this evening. Junior classes will run from 4:30pm to 5:30pm and seniors from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Class fees are $4 for juniors and $6 for seniors. More details? Phone Stan on (07) 4168-3104 or (0414) 404-004
Social Card Games - Mondure
- Social card games will be played at Mondure Hall in Mondure from 6:30pm this evening. New players are very welcome.
Blackbutt Busy Needles Group
- The Blackbutt Busy Needles group will be meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 1:30pm today. The group meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on (07) 4170-0823 or Sue on (07) 4163-0919.
Bookmaking And Rug Art Workshops - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) will be holding two art workshops today. In the main gallery, artist Judy Brook will be running a "Working With Rugs" workshop from 10:00am to 2:00pm; and in another gallery, Janelle Mason will be running a separate workshop on "Bookmaking With Recycled Materials", also from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Judy's workshop is free, but Janelle's has a $5 fee to cover the cost of materials. Everyone is welcome!
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Wednesday Night Soccer - Kingaroy
- Wests' women's side will play the lady Panthers at Tom Alford Oval at the end of Oliver Bond Street in Kingaroy at 6:30pm tonight. The match is a catch-up game from April 1 (Round 2), which was cancelled because of ex-Cyclone Debbie. Spectators are very welcome.
Wednesday, 26 April 2017