On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Wednesday, 05 April 2017
Blackbutt Camera Club Meeting
- The Blackbutt Camera Club will be holding a meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 4:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. The club meets on the first and third Wednesdays of every month except December and January. The first Wednesday is devoted to practical photography (bring your own camera and equipment) and the third Wednesday to a review of those images and talks and tips on software (bring your laptop), followed by a committee meeting at 7:00pm. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Annette on (07) 4163-0148 or send her an email.
Blackbutt Lions Club Meeting
- The Blackbutt Lions Club will be holding its first Wednesday of the month dinner meeting at the Lions Den off Bowman Road behind the Blackbutt Showgrounds this evening. Potential new members are guests are always welcome. More details? Phone Ivan on (07) 4170-0068.
Connections Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Connections Craft Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 12:00 noon to around 2:00pm this afternoon. Members can bring their own craft project, or join in an activity the group is doing. Everyone is welcome and morning tea is provided for a gold coin donation. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
School Holiday Activities - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street in Nanango (formerly the Winds Of Change Art Gallery) will be holding school holiday activities for children and their parents from 9:00am to 11:30am today. Children will be able to take part in String Theory, while parents can learn embroidery in a separate workshop. Children under 5 are welcome to participate with parental supervision, and children aged 5-12 will be supervised by the event facilitators, who all have a Blue Card. Course fees are $10 for children, $5 for parents and include morning tea, but a booking is necessary to plan catering and staffing. More details? Phone Nazrin on 0415-392-466.
PCYC School Vacation Activities
- The South Burnett PCYC will be offering school holiday activities at Taabinga State School, Cherbourg and Murgon today. At Taabinga, today will be a Wet Day with water fights, water games and water balloons - so kids should bring a change of clothes, a towel and a hat. At Cherbourg, there'll be baseball and touch footy. And at Murgon, there'll be a $20 day trip to Kingaroy's Satellite Cinema to see a movie that includes transport, popcorn and a drink. More details? Phone 0428-227-057
TAFE Student Bistro - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy TAFE hospitality students will be running a bistro at the Kingaroy TAFE College in Geritz Road, Kingaroy from noon to 1:30pm today. Running the bistro is part of the students' training and they'll be offering $4 entrees, $7 mains and $4 desserts. The bistro is open to the public.
Water Colour Painting Demonstration - Kingaroy
- South Burnett artist Dot Rowland will be giving a demonstration of watercolour painting at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) at 10:00am this morning as part of the Gallery's April Jumping Ant Arts exhibition. Dot will be painting a still life, and is happy to share tips and tricks and answer questions while she paints. Admission is free and everyone is very welcome.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Wednesday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Social Card Games - Mondure
- Social card games will be played at Mondure Hall in Mondure from 6:30pm this evening. New players are very welcome.
Wednesday, 05 April 2017