May 25, 2021
Numbers were back to just under 500 at Murgon’s fortnightly combined agents sale on Tuesday (May 24).
It was a very mixed yarding with a few better lines of store cattle on offer, and prices remained solid throughout.
Cattle were drawn from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Durong, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Bulls sold to $3.24/kg and $2800
- Bullocks topped at $3.74/kg for $2300
- Heavy Cows over 500kg improved slightly to sell to $3.18/kg and $2460, averaging $2.92/kg
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $2.93/kg for an average of $2.83/kg
- Lighter Cows under 400kg sold to $2.60/kg
- Export heifers topped at $3.68/kg and $2080
- Two pens of local Charolais and Droughtmaster cross steers sold to $4.28/kg to return $1900 and $1850, respectively
- 463kg Santa cross steers from Crownthorpe sold for $4.22/kg and $1950
- 300kg Droughtmaster steers from Gayndah sold for $4.72/kg to return $1440
- Santa cross steers from Kilkivan weighing 302kg sold for $1380.00
- 335kg Senepol steers from Memerambi sold to $1510 at $4.52/kg
- Brangus cross weaner steers from Gayndah sold for $1430 at $5.32/kg
- Droughtmaster weaner steers – also from Gayndah – sold to $5.48/kg and $1180
- 285kg Angus steers from Tansey sold for $4.76/kg and $1360
- Local Angus heifers from Wooroonden sold for $4.07/kg and $1670
- 460kg Charolais heifers from Manumbar sold for $4.04/kg, returning $1860
- 340kg Santa heifers from Wondai sold for $1430 at $4.18/kg
- Brahman heifers from Goomeri sold for $4.18/kg and $1640
- Droughtmaster weaner heifers from Tansey sold to $4.88/kg and $1210
- Angus weaner heifers from Tansey sold for $1070 at $4.46/kg
- Murray Grey Cows & Calves from Murgon sold for $2375
The next Murgon sale will be on Tuesday, May 25 at 8:00am.
* * *
Coolabunia Store Sale
Aussie Land & Livestock’s Store Sale on May 20 at Coolabunia had a yarding of 430 head.
Cattle were drawn from Kingaroy, Nanango, Gympie, Brigooda, Durong, Yarraman and local areas.
- Lightweight steers from Nanango sold to $5.96/kg
- A run of Charolais cross steers from Brigooda made $5.68/kg
- A big run of Friesian steers sold for $3.66/kg with a 202kg beast going to Jandowae for $740
- Light feeder Droughtmaster steers from Kingaroy sold for $4.90/kg and $1629
- 300-400kg steers topped at $5.04/kg, averaging $4.30/kg including a run of dairy steer
- Three pens of good Charolais heifers from Nanango sold for $5.86/kg and $1134
- A few pens of 465kg Charbray heifers from Nanango sold $4.20/kg and $1953
- In the PTIC cow market, two decks of Droughtmaster cows from Gympie sold to $1975
- Stud quality Droughtmaster PTIC cows sold for $2725 to a local grazier
- A limited number of fat cows were presented and sold to processors at $3.00/kg and better
- 260kg Murray Grey mickeys made $5.00/kg and $1300
- 273kg Droughtmaster mickeys from Nanango sold for $5.02/kg and $1373