April 28, 2021
A total of 650 head were yarded in Murgon on Tuesday for the fortnightly combined agents cattle sale.
Values for all descriptions remained fully firm.
Cattle for the sale were drawn from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Nanango, Proston, Durong, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Bulls topped at $3.16/kg and $2560
- Bullocks topped at $3.70/kg and $2300
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $3.05/kg and $2120, averaging $2.91/kg
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $2.85/kg for an average of $2.78
- Lighter Cows under 400kg sold to $2.74/kg
- Export heifers topped at $3.60/kg and $1800
- 3 pens of Santa steers from Gayndah averaging 341kg sold for $4.58/kg, returning $1570
- 2 pens of Brangus steers from Crownthorpe sold for $4.23/kg, respectively returning $1698 and $1921 for 400kg and 454kg
- 310kg Charbray steers from Gayndah sold for $4.82/kg and $1500
- Murray Grey cross steers from Durong weighing 321kg sold for $4.64/kg and $1490
- Charbray steers weighing 360kg from Nanango sold for $4.64/kg, returning $1670
- Angus weaner steers from Proston sold to $5.36/kg and $1140
- Charbray weaner steers from Tansey sold for $1110 at $5.30/kg
- 323kg Angus heifers from Proston sold for $4.36/kg to return $1400
- 326kg Droughtmaster heifers from Hivesville sold to $4.30/kg and $1405
- 330kg Santa heifers from Gayndah sold for $1400 and $4.26/kg
- Droughtmaster heifers from Goomeri sold for $1300 at $4.23/kg
- Angus weaner heifers from Proston sold for $1140 and $5.12/kg
- Brangus weaner heifers from Nanango sold for $1050 at $5.08/kg
- Brahman Cows and Calves sold to $2575
The next Murgon sale will be on Tuesday, May 11 at 8:00am.
* * *
Coolabunia’s sale on April 27 saw a small yarding of cattle from Kilcoy, Meringandan, Kumbia and local areas.
They sold to strong competition, mainly purchased by local buyers.
The cattle market was fully firm, with export cattle in strong demand.
- Export cattle averaged in the high $2.90/kg range, with export cows $3.00/kg returning close to $2000 per head for the top end.
- Store weaner steers were highly sought after, selling to $5.20/kg and $1340
- Feeder steers sold to $4.86/kg and averaged $4.50/kg, toping out at $1897
- Light conditioned Murray Grey cows and calves from Kingaroy sold for $2000