September 21, 2016
AGL Energy is encouraging South Burnett residents to have their say on the proposed Coopers Gap Wind Farm project when the Co-ordinator General opens the Environmental Impact Statement for public exhibition.
Project manager Neil Cooke said the EIS would be on public exhibition for six weeks from September 23 to November 7.
“This is a good opportunity for community members to have their say and provide valuable input on the project,” Mr Cooke said.
The EIS will be available online or at the Council libraries in Blackbutt, Kingaroy, Nanango, Wondai, Proston, Bell, Chinchilla, Dalby and Jandowae.
AGL will also be holding drop-in information sessions during the EIS exhibition period.
“These sessions are a chance for the community to meet the project team, learn more about the project and ask questions to help inform their EIS submissions,” Mr Cooke said.
“While there is some time to go before a final decision is made on whether the project proceeds to construction, we are happy with how things are progressing.
“Other factors to consider include the results of the tender, the final scope of the project, further development activities, and financing arrangements.”
The community drop-in information sessions will be held on Thursday, October 13, from 4:00pm to 6:00pm at Cooranga North Memorial Hall, and on Saturday. October 15, from 9:00am to 1:00pm at the Bell Bunya Community Centre.
Formal submissions can be emailed to the Co-ordinator General or sent via post to: Coordinated Project Delivery Division, Office of the Co-ordinator General, PO Box 15517, City East, Qld, 4002.
Residents have also been invited to attend the next Coopers Gap Wind Farm Community Consultative Meeting which will be held on Thursday, October 13 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm at the Cooranga North Memorial Hall, to hear a project update.
- AGL Submits Coopers Gap EIS
- What’s In It For The South Burnett?
- Wind Farm Takes Another Step
- Wind Farm Burden Lifted From Councils
- Wind Farm Meeting Draws A Crowd
- Wind Farm Committee To Meet
- Consultation Opens On Wind Farm Proposal
- Wind Farm Terms Being Drafted
- 2017 Start For Wind Farm Project
- Feedback Sought On Wind Farm Code
- Anti-Wind Farm Voices Speak Out
- Guidelines Being Drafted For Wind Farm
- Wind Farm Supporters Deny Community Split
- MP ‘Deceived By Anti-Wind Lobby’
- Wind Farms ‘A Fraud’: MP
- Local Residents Back Wind Farms
- Mayor Upset By Wind Farm ‘Misinformation’
- Pro-Wind Farm Group Meets In Dalby
- Frustration Over Wind Farm Limbo
- Xenophon Offers To Talk To Residents
- Council Wants 2km Buffer Zone Around Wind Farms
- MP Calls For 2km Zone Around Wind Farm
- Committee Formed To Discuss Wind Farm Proposal
- Mayor-Elect Wants Council To Take Lead Role