Mayor's Community Charity Breakfast - Kingaroy
- The annual Mayor's Community Charity Breakfast - a fundraiser for Relay For Life - will be held in the Tobruk Room at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 6:30am (for a 6:45am start) to 8:30am this morning. A special guest speaker will be talking at the breakfast and tickets are $30 per head. However, to help plan the catering they need to be booked and paid for by Friday, April 23. More details? Bookings? Phone Linda at the South Burnett Regional Council's Kingaroy offices on (07) 4189-9100 or send her an email
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Play On! - Nanango
- The Nanango Theatre Company will presenting the first performance of their latest production Play On!, a comedy in three acts, at their playhouse in Elk Street, Nanango at 7:00pm tonight (doors open at 6:30pm). Tickets to tonight's show are just $25 per head or $20 for concessions - which includes wine and cheese - and they can be booked online or by phoning 0497-032-528. Other performances will be given tomorrow (2:00pm and 7:00pm); Sunday (2:00pm); next Friday (7:00pm); next Saturday (2:00pm and 7:00pm); and next Sunday (2:00pm).
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
Coffee With A Cop - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy police will be holding an informal "Coffee With A Cop" session at Muffin Break inside Kingaroy Shoppingworld from 10:00am to around 11:30am this morning. The session is a great chance to meet local police in an informal setting, ask them any questions you like and share any concerns you might have. There will also be input from QAS and QFES officers at today's get-together.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.