Spirit Of The Bush Balladeers Muster - Boondooma
- The first day of the six-day Spirit Of The Bush Balladeers & Heritage Muster will be held at Boondooma Homestead at 8262 Durong-Mundubbera Road, Boondooma today. This popular annual campout week features lots of Australia's top bush balladeers and poets along with walk-up artists. The Muster routinely attracts 700 to 800 caravanners plus day-trippers, and in addition to non-stop music there'll also be great camp oven meals, a licensed bar, barbecue, stalls and historic displays. Admission is $110 per person for the festival (day rates are also available), but bookings are essential as COVID-19 restrictions apply. Tickets can be booked online. Bush camping is also available on-site and can be booked by phoning the Homestead's caretakers on (07) 4168-0159. Note: Bring cash - no EFTPOS is available on site.
Blackbutt CBD Upgrade Public Consultation
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding a public consultation meeting on its plans to upgrade Blackbutt's CBD and Les Muller Park in Coulson Street. Initial plans came out of two similar meetings with residents held last December, and the purpose of tonight's meeting is to look at unresolved issues around CBD parking, the location of a proposed pedestrian crossing and refuge on Coulson Street; removal of camphor laurel trees; and the fate of the town’s famously inaccurate clock. All Blackbutt and district residents are encouraged to attend the meeting, which will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road at 5:30pm. You can also read more - and see photos of some of the concept plans - on our website
Tuesday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around noon this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4164-5574.
Tuesday Night Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 7:00pm tonight (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the BDTHA on 0458-539-821 or send them an email.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to around noon this morning (COVID Safe rules apply). New members - male and female - are very welcome, and you should BYO morning tea. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Yarraman Morning Card Games
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be holding its weekly Tuesday morning 500 card games from 10:00am to around 1:00pm today, followed by a light lunch. Playing fees - which include lunch and a lucky door prize ticket - are just $6. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Heritage House on (07) 4163-8111.
South Burnett Chorale
- The South Burnett Chorale will be holding their regular Tuesday practice night at the Church of Christ Hall at the corner of Haly and Burnett Streets in Kingaroy from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The Chorale meet every Tuesday night during school terms, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Margie on 0424-924-632.
Yarraman Business Group
- The Yarraman Business Group will be holding their regular monthly meeting in Yarraman Library's meeting room in Toomey Street, Yarraman at 6:15pm tonight. All Yarraman and district businesses are welcome to attend. More details? Phone 0409-504-383
Men's Table - Kingaroy
- Centacare Community Connections hosts a Men's Table social connection group every Tuesday from 10:00am to 11:00am at The Biscuit Tin, behind the Catholic Church Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. All men are invited to come along and have a yarn over coffee. More information? Phone (07) 4162-5439.
Wondai Indoor Bowls
- The Wondai Indoor Bowls club will be holding their regular Tuesday night meeting at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 7:15pm this evening. New players are always welcome! More details? Phone Brian on (07) 4168-5650
Cheap As Chips Family Night RSVP Deadline
- Today is the last day you can RSVP for the Kumbia Hall Committee's Cheap As Chips Family Night this Friday, April 23 (see entry that day for all details)
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.