Wondai Garden Expo
- The second (and final) day of the weekend-long 2021 Wondai Autumn Garden Expo will be held at the Wondai Sports Grounds off the Bunya Highway just north of Wondai's CBD from 8:00am this morning through until about 1:00pm this afternoon. The Expo has become one of the South Burnett's signature annual events as well as one of the largest gardening shows of its type in south-east Queensland. It always draws thousands of keen gardeners to Wondai every April. As well as the usual wide range of plant and garden-related product displays, the Expo will also feature guest speakers, live music and food and drink stalls, along with a special display by the South Burnett Orchid Society. For more information, contact Helen on (07) 4168-9297.
Dusty Hill Winery Ride - Moffatdale
- The South Burnett Mountain Bike Club will be holding a ride to the Dusty Hill Winery at Moffatdale from 9:00am to around 2:00pm today. Cyclists - whether they're club members or not - should meet up outside the IGA supermarket in Wondai. Riders will travel on the South Burnett Rail Trail to Murgon before taking back roads through the winery district to Moffatdale for lunch at Dusty Hill. More details? Phone Jason on 0455-896-749
Kingaroy Show Working Bee
- A working bee will be held at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am onwards this morning to help prepare the grounds for the up-coming Kingaroy Show on May 1-2. Everyone who'd like to assist in any capacity is very welcome. More details? Phone Craig on 0408-880-927.
Sunday Sidewalk Sale - Nanango
- The new monthly Sunday Sidewalk Sale - which runs on the 3rd Sunday of every month - will be held in Drayton Street, Nanango from 7:00am to around 1:00pm this morning. The Sidewalk Sale aims to inject some life and colour into Nanango's CBD on a Sunday, and the inaugural markets last month drew a very positive response from everyone who came along to buy or sell. New stallholders are also very welcome, and you can find out more by phoning Sharon on 0411-783-274 or Jane on 0400-631-677
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Blackbutt Country Markets
- The Blackbutt Lions Country Markets - run on the third Sunday of every month - will be held at Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00am until around mid-day today. The markets offer a wide range of locally produced arts, crafts and freshly harvested foodstuffs and everyone is welcome along!
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Proston Golden Spurs Campdraft
- The third (and final) day of the three day Proston Golden Spurs Campdraft will kick off at the Proston Showgrounds on the Proston-Boondooma Road west of the CBD at 6:00am this morning. Today's events will kick off with the first round of the Open, the final of the Novice, and then the 2nd round and the final of the Open. TGhere'll also be some children's events running in the morning organised by the Proston Pony Club. The Spurs is always a big event and spectators are welcome to come and watch the action for free. There'll also be limited refreshments in the grounds, and plenty of extra parking available at the nearby Proston Golf Club, which will also be broadcasting this year's campdraft live. Everyone is welcome! Note: This year's event was originally scheduled for March 19-21, but had to be postponed a month due to wet weather.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389