- The first day of the annual Burrandowan Campdraft will be held at the Burrandowan Race Track, 60km south-west of Kingaroy, from 1:00pm this afternoon (although gates open at 10:00am). The event, which is a fundraiser for the Burrandowan Picnic Races, is being run with a COVID Safe management plan Today's campdrafting action will be Novice draft. More details? Phone Cath Fairbairn on (07) 4164-4126.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Linedancing - Yarraman
- Linedancing has returned to Yarraman with classes at the Memorial Hall on Fridays from 9:00am. Cost is $5 but BYO water and mug.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
John Miners - Murgon
- Entertainer John Miners will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4168 1819.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Six Gun Glory - Kingaroy
- Newly formed local band Six Gun Glory (ie Amber Goldsmith and Paul Ricketts) will be making their debut at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 8:00pm to around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Women In Agriculture Day - Wondai
- DATE CLAIMER: BIEDO will be holding another one of their popular Women In Agriculture (WAgs Day) at Wondai today. More information when it becomes available.