Acting Workshop - Nanango
- Today is Day 2 of a two-day acting workshop being organised by the Nanango Theatre Company. The group is calling on all aspiring actors and directors to join them. The workshop will be run by Mark and Shirley Lucas, from Excalibur Theatre Company at Caboolture. Fee is just $20 for each day but bookings must be made in advance as places are limited. Phone Valerie on 0497-032-528.
Bunya Mountains Markets
- The monthly Bunya Mountains Markets will be running at Dandabah in the Bunya Mountains today. The markets feature up to 30 stands selling quality, locally-produced fresh produce, arts and crafts and they'll be operating from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Local cafes like Poppies On The Hill and The Bunya Mountains Cafe will be offering special Market Day menus and morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas, and walking trail maps will be available from both cafes, the Bunya Mountains General Store and market stalls if you'd like to take a walk through the adjoining National Park. More details? Phone (07) 4668-3126.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
- The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 7:00am to about 1:00pm today. These family-friendly monthly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. New stallholders are very welcome, too. More info? Phone 0474-491-698.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Film Screening - Nanango
- Nanango Theatre Company will be holding its monthly matinee film screening at their venue on the corner of George and Elk streets, Nanango. Entry cost is $20, which includes afternoon tea. More info? Phone Jon on 0407-631-611.