Marcus Mission Men's Workshop - Kingaroy
- A Marcus Mission Men's Workshop will be held at the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy this afternoon, kicking off with an informal free BBQ from 4:30pm and followed at 5:30pm by a free two-hour resilience building and skills development workshop. This program - run by the Wesley Mission - provides men with the practical tools to support their mates through challenging times (as well as pick up some useful skills for themselves along the way) and is open to all men aged 18 or more. More details? Phone Glen on 0419-750-607.
Goomeri Social Art & Craft Club
- The Goomeri Social Art & Craft Club will be resuming its fortnightly meetings for 2020 at Goomeri's Pumpkin Central offices in Moore Street from 9:00am to around 11:00am this morning. Guests are encouraged to bring along their latest creative project (of whatever type) and morning tea will be supplied. The club meets every second Thursday and new members are always welcome.
Rockin' Our Abilities - Murgon
- Rockin' Our Abilities will be held at the Uniting Church Hall at 55 Gore Street in Murgon from 9:00am to 3:00pm today. Rockin' Our Abilities features karaoke and live music for people with disabilities in a fully inclusive and supportive environment, and guests don't need any prior experience to take part. More details? Phone Sonia on 0427-137-140.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the shed next to the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Yarraman Progress Association Meeting
- The Yarraman Progress Association will be holding its monthly meeting at the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street at 6:00pm tonight. All interested people are welcome to attend.
South Burnett Toastmasters
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 6:45pm (for a 7:00pm start) this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Thursday Night Yoga - Kingaroy
- A one hour yoga class will be running at the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to 7:00pm tonight. Class fees are "pay as you feel" and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Phoebe on 0421-253-171
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 8:30am this morning (doors open at 8:30am; eyes down at 9:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 8:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price ($30 to $40) for people facing financial difficulties.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.