Art Exhibition Opening - Wondai
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai will be opening their first monthly exhibition for 2021 with a wine and cheese tasting at 6:00pm tonight. This month the gallery will be showcasing "Tole'd In Paper and Mixed Media" by master South Burnett paper tole artist Rosemarie Matthews-Frederick in the front and rear galleries and "The Art Of Karens", a joint exhibition by Karren Bolton, Karen Shaw and Karen Murray in the main gallery. Meanwhile, children from Tingoora State School will exhibit their own works in Kidz Korner. As usual, tonight's opening will also feature hot and cold finger foods and punch, along with wine tastings Clovely Estate, live entertainment and lots of fun socialising. Admission is just $5 and everyone is welcome to attend. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926. Note: After tonight's opening the exhibition will remain on show from 10:00am to 4:00pm daily until the end of the month.
Art Exhibition Opening - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) will be opening its latest exhibition at 5:30pm tonight. This month's exhibition - "The Kingaroy Art Team Summer Show" - will feature works from the gallery's members in a wide variety of media. Members of the KAT group will be on hand to discuss their works, and there'll be light refreshments available as well. After tonight's opening, the exhibition will remain on display from 10:00am to 4:00pm daily until February 26. Everyone is welcome and admission is free.
Ringsfield Writers - Nanango
- The Ringsfield Writers group will be meeting at the Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango at 11:00am this morning. Members of the group review and critique each others' writing in a positive way, and aspiring new writers are very welcome. More details? Email Janice
Tucker & Chop Plus DJ Direx - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnett duo Tucker & Chop will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 7:30pm until around 10:00pm tonight, followed by DJ Direx who'll be spinning the platters in The Nest until late. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Merlin - Murgon
- Popular local band Merlin will be performing at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 7:00pm until around 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4168 1819.