South Burnett Soccer Sevens - Kingaroy
- The second (and final) day of the 37th annual South Burnett Soccer Sevens will be held at the Kingaroy Soccer Grounds in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy today. This giant pre-season carnival - run by the South Burnett Senior Soccer Association - attracts teams from all over south-east Queensland and is one of the region's major annual sporting events. This year organisers expect there'll be upwards of 48 mens, womens and Over 35s teams competing for more prize monies, and locals are also very welcome to form a team and join in. Today's games will get underway at around 8:00am and will run to about 3:30pm, when presentations will be made to the winners in the Men's, Women's and Over-35s divisions. Admission to the Soccer Sevens is 100% free for spectators and there'll be a licensed bar, BBQ and canteen operating at the grounds too.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Yarraman Country Music Friends
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are always very welcome and the $4 admission fee (U16s are free) includes a great afternoon tea. More details? Phone Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755