Festival Of The Dams - Lake Boondooma
- The first day of the weekend-long Festival Of The Dams fishing competition will be held at Boondooma Dam west of Proston today. Up to 50 teams will be competing in the two-day event, but there's plenty of fun to be had for spectators too, with markets and food vans opening from breakfast onwards; live music; children's activities; lots of raffles and lunches and dinners available as well. The festival is being sponsored by the South Burnett Regional Council and inexpensive caravan and camping sites and cabins can be booked from the Lake Boondooma Tourist Park. Final competition winners will be announced around lunchtime tomorrow.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 8:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Friendship Community Markets
- After an absence of six months, the third Saturday of the month Friendship Community Markets will be making a welcome return at the River Road end of the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 7:00am to around 12:00 noon today. The markets are run by the South Burnett Show Society and feature a great range of arts, crafts, fruit and garden stalls, plus unusual bric-a-brac. New stallholders are always very welcome! More details? Phone 0408-880-927.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Back To Basics Music Muster - Proston
- The second annual Back To Basics Music Muster will be held at 1385 Proston-Boondooma Road (west of Proston) all this weekend. This year's Muster will be compered by Gary Fogarty and will feature performances from Kerry Kennedy, Glen Albrecht, Vanessa Sanger, Natalie Fenton, Grahame Doubleday and Brian Howard. It will run from 10:00am to 11:30pm today, and 9:00am to 2:00pm on Sunday. There's also free camping onsite, toilets (but no showers) and some food available, but guests should BYO seating and liquid refreshments and COVIDSafe rules will apply. Tickets to the Muster are $50 per head and need to be booked in advance. You can find out more by phoning Mike on 0412-884-482
Art Exhibition Opening - Murgon
- Artist Lee Porter will be unveiling a new exhibition of her works at the Royal Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon at 1:00pm today. The opening will be accompanied by live music from Connie Shelton, and lunch will be available at the hotel if you'd like to make a full afternoon of it. Admission is free, COVIDSafe restrictions apply and lunch bookings should be made in advance by phoning the Royal on (07) 4168-1799
Taabinga Prep Open Day - Kingaroy
- Taabinga State School in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy will be holding a Prep Open Day from 10:00am to 11:00am this morning to allow parents looking for prep in 2021 to inspect the school and meet the teachers. Intending guests should assemble at the school's hall at the corner of Rae and Kingaroy Streets at 9:50am. COVIDSafe conditions will apply.