Rates Information Session - Murgon
- South Burnett Mayor Brett Otto has invited residents to attend a "Rates Information Session" at Murgon Town Hall from 5:30pm tonight. No bookings are required. The information session is subject to COVID-19 restrictions.
Women's Community Tea - Murgon
- A Women's Community Tea and bra fitting will be held at Graham House at 21 Taylor Street East in Murgon from 9:30am to 12:30pm this morning, and then again from 1:30pm to 4:30pm this afternoon. The event is being run by the charity Support The Girls (Australia) and apart from a free morning or afternoon tea, all bra fittings are complimentary and participants will be gifted bras, underwear and toiletries. However, numbers are limited to comply with COVID safety rules and participants will be temperature tested for extra safety. More details? Phone Graham House on (07) 4169-8400.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome but a booking is essential to secure a seat because COVID safety restrictions apply. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Hivesville Progress Association AGM
- The Hivesville Progress Association will be holding its Annual General Meeting at the Hivesville Hotel in Main Street at 6:00pm this evening. A key topic that will be discussed at tonight's meeting are upcoming projects for the town and its surrounds, and all interested people are encouraged to attend.
Thursday Night Trivia - Nanango
- Trivia games will be played at Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango from 6:00pm tonight, with great prizes on offer. Everyone is welcome but a booking is essential because COVID safety conditions apply. You can make one by phoning the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.