Meeting With The Mayor - Wondai
- South Burnett Mayor Brett Otto will be joined by Cr Scott Henschen and Cr Danita Potter for an informal chat with residents outside the Wondai Bakery from 7:00am to 1:00pm today. No bookings are necessary.
Rates Information Session - Wondai
- POSTPONED - South Burnett Mayor Brett Otto has invited residents to attend a "Rates Information Session" at Wondai Town Hall from 5:30pm tonight. No bookings are required. The information session is subject to COVID-19 restrictions.
Graham House Outreach - Blackbutt
- Murgon's Graham House will be bringing their Emergency Relief Outreach Service to the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The service provides assistance with food and utility bills and also runs a no-interest loan scheme, and it's open to anyone experiencing tough times. More details? Phone Graham House on (07) 4169-8400 or 0447-683-492. Note: The Outreach Service will also be returning on September 8, October 13 and November 10.
Proston QCWA Meeting
- The Proston QCWA will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the CWA Rooms in Rodney Street, Proston (just down from the Proston Community Hall) at 9:00am this morning. The group holds a general meeting on the second Tuesday of every month except January, and craft days every Monday, and potential new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-9391.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.