Nanango August Race Meeting
- After an absence of almost six months, the Nanango Race Club will be returning to racing today by holding their August Race Meeting at the Lee Park Raceway off the D'Aguilar Highway just south of Nanango from 11:00am to around 5:00pm today. Today's races will run under COVIDSafe conditions and all guests will be required to sign in at the ticket office on arrival and observe proper social distancing. The race club's popular Champagne@TheBit Bar will be serving up platters all day if you fancy a bite; a licensed bar and BBQ will be operating under the extended covered area; seating will be outdoors on the lawn; and there'll be plenty of bookmakers and an on-course tote available in the betting ring to take your wagers. This will be a 5 race meeting and buses will be running to the races from Kingaroy's Glendon Street Bus Depot (12:00 noon) and Nanango's Fitzroy Hotel at 12:30pm. The first race will leave the barriers around 1:25pm but gates will open at 11:00am so go-getters can get a head start on that all-important socialising. Admission is just $10 for adults and $5 for pensioners (under-15s are free). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Rosemary on (07) 4163-2346 or email her.
Nanango Country Markets
- After an absence of several momnhs due to the pandemic, the Nanango Show Society will be holding their regular monthly Country Markets at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street from 6:00am to around 12:00 noon today - their first markets back after COVID-19 restrictions eased! As usual, the markets will feature a wide variety of craft stalls, new and used goods, plants, poultry and pets. The Nanango Markets are the largest rural market in south east Queensland and attract up to 420 stallholders. But new stallholders are always very welcome too! More info? Phone the Market Co-Ordinator on 0427-631-273 during business hours.
Dams Reopen Today
- Yallakool and the Lake Boondooma Tourist Park will reopen for camping and overnight visitors today, after being restricted to just day visitors the past few months due to COVID-19. Bookings for onsite accommodation can be made at each park's kiosk.
Nanango Theatre Company Auditions
- The Nanango Theatre Company will be holding auditions for three up-coming one act plays the group will be performing in a few months to celebrate the NTC's 30th birthday. Auditions will be held at the NTC Playhouse at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango from 12:00 noon today. Men and women aged from 20 to 70 years are particularly welcome, whether they have previous theatre experience or not.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 8:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.