Barry Stead Memorial Race Day - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy Bees junior motorcycle speedway club will be holding its 2nd annual Barry Stead Memorial Race Day today at the Kingaroy Showgrounds’ junior motorcycle speedway track. The club day remembers long-time supporter Barry Stead who died in 2018. Racing starts at 10:00am and spectators are more than welcome to come along to watch the Peewees, Superlites, 125cc and 250cc motorbikes in action. Free entry for spectators.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 8:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
SEQ Mountain Bike Series - Wondai
- The first round of the 2020 SEQ Mountain Bike Series will be raced in the South Burnett this weekend - the first mountain bike races held in the region for at least 20 years - and up to 70 elite riders are expected to take part, as well as keen local mountain bike enthusiasts. The event will be held at the South Burnett Mountain Bike club's trails in the McEuen Forestry at the end of Mackenzie Street, Wondai and today's racing action will focus on a short course loop. Racing will kick off at 12:30pm and continue until sunset. There'll be food and coffee vans available onsite, special areas for spectators and COVIDSafe procedures in place. Everyonre is welcome and there's no charge for spectators. You can also get more information plus maps of the course and vantage points on the SBMTB website
Wooroolin Community Markets
- The Wooroolin Community Markets will be held inside the Wooroolin QCWA Rooms on the Bunya Highway at Wooroolin from 6:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets offer stalls, a sausage sizzle, fresh produce, plants and crafts and are run on the 2nd Saturday of every month except January. Stall fees are just $7.50 and new stallholders are always welcome. More details? Phone Janice on 0439-073-160 or send her an email.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Women's Football Come & Try - Cherbourg
- The Sunshine Coast Women's Football group are inviting locals to a Come and Try soccer at Jack O'Chin Oval in Cherbourg from 10:30am this morning. All women are very welcome and you can find out more by phoning club president Wayne Albert on 0417-622-826. Note: Football South Burnett's round robin competition for senior male players won't be held today due to inuries amongst some key players. The competition is expected to resume next Saturday, all being well.