Under The Bonnet - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy police will be holding a free Under The Bonnet workshop at the Bill Hull Car Centre at the corner of Kingaroy and Avoca Streets, Kingaroy from 5:30pm to around 7:00pm tonight. The workshop will teach guests about personal safety, road safety and basic car maintenance skills, and men and women of all ages who'd like learn how to become a bit handier around their vehicle are encouraged to attend. Canapes and cold drinks will be provided, too, but numbers are limited so an RSVP to help plan the catering would be greatly appreciated. You can make one by phoning Bill Hull Car Centre on (07) 4162-2833 or by emailing them.
Rates Information Session - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Mayor Brett Otto has invited residents to attend a "Rates Information Session" at the Kingaroy Town Hall Reception Room from 5:30pm tonight. No bookings are required. The information session is subject to COVID-19 restrictions.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Tuesday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around noon this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4164-5574.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.