An Evening With Sam Thaiday - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Suicide Prevention Working Group will be celebrating its 11th birthday with a night of fun and dancing at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, kicking off at 6:00pm. The event will feature an appearance by special guest Sam Thaiday (former captain of the Brisbane Broncos rugby league team) along with music from DJ Richter, a three course dinner prepared by JC Catering and a cash bar. Tickets are $85 per head and they can be booked online
Line Dancing - Yarraman
- Weekly line dancing classes will be held the Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to noon this morning. Class fees are $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone 0422-889-530.
Art Exhibition Opening - Wondai
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai will be opening their latest monthly exhibition for 2021 with a wine and cheese tasting at 6:00pm tonight. This month the gallery will be hosting its bi-annual Under The Bed Sale where artists offer their unsold works at heavily discounted prices. This year's sale will be offering more than 300 framed and unframed works and lots of bargain buys. As usual, tonight's opening will also feature great hot and cold finger foods and punch, along with wine tastings from Nuova Scuola Wines, live entertainment and lots of fun socialising. Admission is $5 and everyone is welcome to attend. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926.
Art Exhibition Opening - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Regfional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) will be opening its November exhibition with a wine and cheese tasting at 5:00pm tonight. This month the gallery will be featuring new works by acclaimed South Burnett photographer Max Walters. Max was president of the Photographic Society of Queensland for two years and served on its committee for more than five years. He has also won many national and state prizes, and judges for various Queensland clubs and photography conventions. Admission is free and everyone is welcome! Note: After tonight's opening the exhibition will remain on display at the gallery from 10:00am to 4:00pm weekdays and 9:00am to 1:00pm Saturdays until November 20.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. Cold beer and snacks will also be available at the clubhouse from noon, and dinner after 5:30pm (all with appropriate social distancing, of course). More details? Phone 0474-741-822.
Cuppa And Chat Group
- Kingaroy's Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Ringsfield Writers - Nanango
- The Ringsfield Writers group will be meeting at the Palace Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango at 11:00am this morning. Members of the group review and critique each others' writing in a positive way, and aspiring new writers are very welcome. More details? Email Janice
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Arthur Nettelfield - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnett entertainer Arthur Nettelfield will be performing at the Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy from 6:30pm tonight. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1055.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.