- The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 6:00am to about noon today. A mini-auction is also planned to run alongside the markets today! These family-friendly monthly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. New stallholders are very welcome, too. More info? Phone 0474-491-698.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Bunya Mountains Markets
- The monthly Bunya Mountains Markets will be running at Dandabah in the Bunya Mountains today. The markets feature up to 30 stands selling quality, locally-produced fresh produce, arts and crafts and they'll be operating from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Local cafes like Poppies On The Hill and The Bunya Mountains Cafe will be offering special Market Day menus and morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas, and walking trail maps will be available from both cafes, the Bunya Mountains General Store and market stalls if you'd like to take a walk through the adjoining National Park. More details? Phone (07) 4668-3126.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Music At Christmas - Kumbia
- The South Burnett Chorale will be presenting its annual Christmas concert at the Catholic Church at 42 Brook Road in Kumbia at 5:00pm this evening. The concert will feature a wide range of Christmas favourites and the $15 admission (U12s are free) will include a light supper, with all proceeds donated to the St Vincent de Paul Christmas Appeal. Tickets can be purchased at the door or booked online
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
South Burnett Orchid Society - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Orchid Society will be holding their regular monthly meeting at CTC's rooms at the South Burnett Youth Park in Somerset Street, Kingaroy from 2:00pm to around 3:30pm this afternoon. The Society exists for orchid enthusiasts of all skill levels and meets on the last Sunday of every month except December. New members and visitors are always very welcome. More details? Phone Beryl on (07) 4168-1695 (ahrs), Gary on (07) 4162-8404 (ahrs) or Linda on 0429-634-637.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The monthly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets run on the last Sunday of every month and always feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise. New stallholders are always welcome, too! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone Dallas on (0407) 731-344 or visit the website.
Matthew Wild - Linville
- Brisbane Valley entertainer Matthew Wild will be performing over lunch at the Linville Hotel in George Street, Linville from noon to 3:00pm today. There's no admission and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 5424-7280.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.