January 27, 2022
South Burnett Regional Council is calling on young people who want to have a greater say – and help build a strong and inclusive community – to nominate for the 2022 South Burnett Regional Youth Council.
The Youth Council will be made up of a diverse group of up to 20 motivated young people aged between 14 and 24 who live in either the South Burnett or Cherbourg.
It will meet regularly and advocate for the needs of young people.
“Members will help organise youth and community events, take part in leadership forums and self-development activities,” a South Burnett Regional Council spokesperson said.
“They will also get a great insight into how local government works.”
South Burnett Regional Youth Council Membership information:
- Every effort will be made to ensure membership of the Youth Council reflects the diversity and demographic balance of young people residing in the South Burnett and in Cherbourg (sex, age, ethnicity and residential location)
- Youth Council members over the age of 18 must hold a current Working with Children Blue Card
- Youth Council members must be aware and adhere to the South Burnett Regional Council Code of Conduct
- Youth Council members are appointed as individuals, not as representatives of a particular area or network
- Youth Councillors will be appointed for a one-year term after an interview and selection process
Nominations close on February 21. Forms can be downloaded from Council’s website
For more information, contact Council’s Executive Services team on 1300-789-279 or email email@example.com
- Related article: SBRC To Form Youth Council