Members of the Jayco Conquest and Optimum Owners group at a previous rally (Photo: Jeff Croll)

March 5, 2021

A group of tourists will be exploring the South Burnett in their motorhomes later this month, and we can thank the Queensland border closures earlier this year for their visit.

The group of 16 motorhomes are members of the Jayco Conquest and Optimum Owners social media group which regularly organises tag-along tours for its members.

The group had planned to hold a huge muster at Armidale in NSW with motorhomes coming from across Australia, but “border uncertainty” led to that event being cancelled.

Instead, members in each State decided to hold smaller rallies nearer to home.

Brisbane organisers are Jeff and Judy Croll.

Jeff told southburnett.com.au many of the motorhomers had not visited the South Burnett before and were eager to explore the area.

He said the aim of the visit was also to put some money back into smaller towns.

“Our members usually spend $300-$400 or more during their visits,” Jeff said.

The group will be spending their first two nights at Kenilworth, before heading to Kinbombi Falls (March 17) where they will enjoy a campfire dinner, Wondai RV stop (March 18-19), Kingaroy Showgrounds (March 20-21) and Nanango RV & Caravan Park (March 22-23).

They will then be heading off to Toogoolawah and Lowood to complete their 13-day tour.

At each stop, mini-workshops are planned to share motorhoming tips and tricks.

In Kingaroy, a buy-swap-and-sell morning and a display of E-bikes is planned to be held from 10:00am on Sunday, March 21.

The public is invited to drop by and say g’day!


Position Vacant - click here
Anderssons Fruit Market for quality fruits and vegetables

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.