July 30, 2020

Detectives have charged three women for allegedly providing false information on their Queensland border declarations.

Police will allege all three women travelled to Victoria and deliberately provided misleading documents at the Queensland border.

A 19-year-old Heritage Park woman, a 21-year-old Acacia Ridge woman and a 21-year-old Algester woman have been charged with one count each of providing false or misleading documents (Section 364 of the Public Health Act, maximum penalty 100 penalty units or $13,345) and fraud (dishonestly gain benefit / advantage, Section 408C(1)(d) of the Criminal Code, maximum penalty five years’ imprisonment).

A police spokesperson said all three women were now co-operating with QPS and Queensland Health officials.

Earlier on Thursday, Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young had told media she was worried because one of original two individuals had not been co-operative and had not shared where she had been.

A criminal investigation is also being undertaken by Task Force Sierra Linnet investigators which is unrelated and not connected to the alleged travel to Victoria.

All three women are currently in quarantine and are due to appear in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on September 28.

The Queensland Police Service is committed to ensuring everyone complies with public health directions and will continue to enforce restrictions at the border.

  • The Queensland Entry Declaration can be accessed at online

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.