Items allegedly seized by police during Operation Knuckle in the South Burnett (Photo: QPS)

July 1, 2020

A 24-year-old Kingaroy man has been charged with drug trafficking – and 90 other offences – after police allegedly seized more than $30,000 worth of drugs during a recent operation in the South Burnett.

Operation Knuckle wound up on Tuesday with the arrest of the man in Kingaroy.

The operation included the execution of 31 search warrants and 34 people being charged with 166 drug offences.

Police said more than $30,000 worth of drugs had been taken off the streets.

The man has been charged with trafficking ice, receiving proceeds from drug trafficking, possessing property used in the commission of a drug offence and 88 counts of supplying a dangerous drug.

He was due to appear in Cherbourg Magistrates Court on Wednesday.

Detectives will allege that between July 2019 and June 2020 the man supplied 10 people in Kingaroy with various quantities of ice over an extended period.

Detective Acting Superintendent Mat Kelly said Operation Knuckle represented the ongoing commitment of South Burnett police to target serious drug offenders and reduce drug related crimes in the community.

Crystal methamphetamine (“ice”) allegedly seized by police during recent drug raids in the South Burnett (Photo: QPS)

SPONSORED LINKS:
Protect yourself from COVID-19 - click hereEat fresh at Anderssons Fruit Market - click here
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.