April 13, 2019
The South Burnett Mountain Bike Club is one of six local groups which will receive a Local Hero grant from Member for Nanango Deb Frecklington.
Mrs Frecklington announced the Round 8 recipients of her Local Hero Grants on Friday.
She said she normally awarded four grants in each round, but the high quality of applications meant an extra two grants had been awarded this time.
“Each application was equally as deserving, so I extended the number of grants being offered, and in this round, three groups and three local sporting representatives have been successful,” she said.
“I would like to congratulate them all, and in particular, wish our young sporting reps all the best for their upcoming competitions.”
The successful Round 8 applicants, who will each receive a $250 Local Hero Grant, are:
- South Burnett Mountain Bike Club – to assist members attend the Mountain Bike National Schools Championships
- Tanduringie State School P&C – to support their annual bull ride fundraiser
- Nanango Netball Club – to help purchase new bibs for the teams
- Jorja Pointon (Kilcoy) – to help attend the Clay Target Junior South East Zone shoot in Emerald
- Chelsea Whye (Kingaroy) – to help attend the Netball State Titles in Townsville
- Grant Lahiff (Kilkivan) – to help attend various representative swimming competitions
To find out more about the Local Hero Grants, visit www.debfrecklington.com.au or contact the Nanango Electorate office on (07) 4190-7100.