April 11, 2018
Media reports Triple R Motorsport has “pulled the plug” on its proposal to build a motorsport complex in the South Burnett are not correct.
South Burnett Mayor Keith Campbell said he held a two-hour pre-development meeting with Triple R Motorsport representatives last Saturday.
The group told him they had found a potentially suitable site on Kingaroy-Cooyar Road in the Goodger area.
“They will now investigate a range of issues connected to that site,” Mayor Campbell said.
“If these matters pass muster, they will proceed to lodge a development application with Council.”
Triple R Motorsport has been searching the South Burnett for a suitable race track location for several months after a proposal the group had put to Fraser Coast Regional Council last year was shelved.
Earlier this year, Club president Russell Carswell told southburnett.com.au encroaching suburbia was forcing many racetracks out of urban areas.
Mr Carswell said issues that confronted race track owners such as noise, the need for sealed road access and restrictions on clearing vegetation in rural areas made locating suitable sites difficult.
He said was grateful to the Mayor and Council for their help.
Mayor Campbell said Triple R Motorsport could invest “up to $1 million” to build the initial phase of the project, and many more millions if the race track proved to be the success the group would like t
- Related article: Motorsport Dreams Hits Hitch
o see it become.