June 16, 2017
The Wondai Sprints’ second annual Show’n’Shine took over the Wondai soccer fields on Sunday with the best of classic and modern vehicles on display for motoring for fans to enjoy.
It may be a lot quieter than the sprints next door, but the exhibition of polished chrome and duco attracted a good crowd of its own.
They were perusing a collection of 65 cars and 18 motorbikes.
Vehicles on show included Ford Mustangs and Thunderbirds as well as many General Motors’ classics.
Several English marques were also represented as well as a collection of Harley-Davidsons.
Prizes, sponsored by Shannons Insurance, were presented to winners in eight categories – all decided by People’s Choice.
- Class 1 – Best Classic Sedan (pre-1967) – 1934 Chevrolet sedan (Mark Boyd)
- Class 2 – Best Classic Sedan (1968-1987) – 1974 Ford Falcon XB GT (Terry McBean)
- Class 3 – Best Classic Sports Car (pre-1967) – no entries
- Class 4 – Best Classic Sports Car (1968-1987) – 1975 Toyota Celica (Nathan Litzow)
- Class 5 – Best Vintage / Veteran – 1929 Dodge 6 ute (Steve Hood)
- Class 6 – Best Classic Commercial – 1973 Holden HQ panelvan (Barry & Diane Heit)
- Class 7 – Best Modified / Hot Rod – 1932 Ford (Mark Muller)
- Class 8 – Best Motorcycle – 2003 Harley-Davidson (Jeff Evans)
- Class 9 – Best Classic Caravan – no entries
- Class 10 – Best Modern – 2015 Ford Falcon XR8 (Peter Baldwin)
- Related article: Thrills And Spills At Sprints
* * *
(click on each image to enlarge)