Queen's Birthday Public Holiday
- Today is the Queens Birthday Public Holiday in Queensland - the last public holiday before Christmas - and most South Burnett businesses will either be closed today or operating on restricted hours. Some of the groups listed on today's Daily Calendar will be meeting as usual, and some others will be deferring their scheduled meeting. So if you're planning to go to any of them today you should ring beforehand to confirm.
Women In Workshirts Walk - Wooroolin
- The Burnett Inland Economic Development Organisation (BIEDO) will be hosting the annual Women In Workshirts Walk this morning, departing from the Wooroolin QCWA's rooms in Dalton Park opposite the CBD at 9:00am for a walk along the South Burnett Rail Trail, then returning for as morning tea. The walk is free and is open to all women, their family and friends - particularly those in agriculture - and all ages. More details? Phone BIEDO on 0400-695-496. PS: If you'd like a special "Women In Workshirts" shirt (optional), BIEDO have branded pink ones available for $50.
Kumbia Hall Committee Meeting
- The Kumbia Hall Committee will be holding its first Monday of the month meeting in the meeting room at the front of Kumbia Hall in Bell Street at 8:00pm this evening. New members are very welcome! The Hall and/or Supper Room are also available for hire - phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 for more details.
Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be holding its monthly meeting from 10:00am to noon this morning at the Senior Citizen Hall located at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets (opposite SupaIGA). New Members are always welcome, and you can obtain more details from president Noela Wittpoth on 0439-736-961.
Proston QCWA Meeting
- The Proston QCWA will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the CWA Rooms in Rodney Street, Proston (just down from the Proston Community Hall) at 9:00am this morning. Potential new members are always very welcome! The group holds a general meeting on the first Monday of every month except January, and craft days most other Mondays. More details? Phone (07) 4168-9391.
Yarraman RSL Meeting
- The Yarraman RSL branch will be holding its regular first Monday monthly meeting at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street at 6:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome.
South Burnett Antique Car Club
- The South Burnett Antique Car Club will be holding its first Monday of the month meeting at the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy at 7:30pm tonight. The club is for owners of vintage veteran and classic motor vehicles (or those who'd like to be) and offers monthly runs, picnic BBQs and fellowship. More details? Phone Val on 0409-091-346.
Yarraman Creative Circle
- The Yarraman Creative Circle crafts group will be holding their regular first Monday of the month meeting from 9:30am to around 2:00pm today at Kitty Cook House in Emmert Street. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Beryl on (07) 4163-8551.
Wondai QCWA Meeting
- The Wondai branch of the QCWA will be holding their regular first Monday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 10:00am this morning. All interested people are welcome.
Goomeri Community Choir
- The Goomeri Community Choir will be meeting at the Goomeri Hall Of Memory in Boonara Street from 5:30pm to around 7:00pm tonight for their weekly practice session. New members are always very welcome and you don't need any prior experience - just a passion for singing! More details? Phone Louise on 0427-748-692
Monday Evening Bingo - Blackbutt
- Bingo games will be held at Nukku Nook at the head of the Blackbutt Rail Trail in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00pm this evening (eyes down at 7:30pm sharp). These weekly bingo nights are a fundraiser for the Blackbutt and District Tourism and Heritage Association and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Noeleen on (07) 4163-0413 or send her an email.
Kingaroy SES Training Night
- The Kingaroy SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the Kingaroy SES headquarters in Glendon Street, Kingaroy (next to Kingaroy X-Ray) from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. New members are always very welcome. More details? Phone 0428-741-274
Cooinda Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Cooinda Craft Group will be holding its regular Monday morning meeting at the Town Common Hall in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 1:30pm today. Members of the group pursue a variety of crafts and newcomers are always welcome.
Murgon SES Training Night
- The Murgon SES will be holding their regular Monday night training session at the SES Building in Gore Street, Murgon from 7:00pm to 9:00pm tonight. Anyone from the Murgon district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Wednesdays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Monday Night Line Dancing - Proston
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Proston Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston tonight. A beginners class will run at 5:00pm and an advanced class at 6:30pm. Class fees are $5 per head and everyone is welcome!
Monday Yoga - Blackbutt
- Yoga classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. Class fees are $4 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Pauline on 0437-606-699.
Monday Night Line Dancing - Blackbutt
- Line Dancing classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt at 7:00pm this evening. Class fees apply and everyone is welcome.
Hivesville QCWA Meeting
- The Hivesville QCWA will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the Hivesville QCWA Rooms in Main Street, Hivesville at 10:00am this morning. Entry is free and members are asked to bring a plate to share for lunch. Everyone is welcome to attend! More details? Phone Judy on (07) 4168-9892.