Grape Escape - Moffatdale and Kingaroy
- The second day of the inaugural Grape Escape Weekend will be held from 10:00am to 4:00pm today at four Moffatdale wineries and one Kingaroy winery. Each of the wineries will be offering free wine tastings and other activities for guests who may have dropped by yesterday and want to make a full weekend of it, or those who'd like to explore a particular winery's offerings in more detail. You can get details about what each winery will be offering today on our website
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Hivesville Country Markets
- The Hivesville Country Markets will be held at the Hivesville Sports Grounds from 7:00am to around 1:00pm today. These family friendly monthly markets are held on the 4th Sunday of every month and feature a variety of stalls including fresh local farm produce, plants, crafts and lots of food. There'll also be mini auctions running throughout the morning and there's plenty of free parking in the grounds. New stallholders are very welcome too, and you can obtain more details by phoning Trish on 0459-493-511.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Bunya Mountains Markets
- The monthly Bunya Mountains Markets will be running at Dandabah in the Bunya Mountains today. The markets feature up to 30 stands selling quality, locally-produced fresh produce, arts and crafts and they'll be operating from 8:00am to 2:00pm. Local cafes like Poppies On The Hill and The Bunya Mountains Cafe will be offering special Market Day menus and morning teas, lunches and afternoon teas, and walking trail maps will be available from both cafes, the Bunya Mountains General Store and market stalls if you'd like to take a walk through the adjoining National Park. More details? Phone (07) 4668-3126.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Halloween Cycle Ride - Wondai
- The South Burnett Mountain Bike Club will be holding its second annual Halloween Cycle Ride this afternoon. Cyclists - members ore not - are encouraged to dress up in their best Halloween costumes and meet up in Coronation Park opposite Wondai's IGA supermarket in Mackenzie Street at 4:00pm for a 4:25pm roll-off. Sausage sizzles and cold beverages for sale at the end of this fun ride, and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Jason on 0418-881-289.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
South Burnett Arts - Wondai
- South Burnett Arts will be meeting at the Wondai Diggers Club in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at noon today for lunch, followed by a meeting at 1:00pm. South Burnett Arts is a noit-for-profit group devoted to the development of all forms of the arts in the South Burnett, and today's meeting will focus on current projects being undertaken by some members and proposed future projects other members plan to undertake, or other projects currently in the works. All people with an interest in the arts are very welcome to attend.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.