Colours Of Yarraman Award Presentations
- The 2019 Colours Of Yarraman Festival will conclude today with a High Tea Awards Presentation at the Yarraman Memorial Hall in Browne Street that will kick off at 9:30am with a meet and greet, followed by a talk from well-known gardening guru Brian Sams (from 10:15am to 10:45am) and then a High Tea from 10:45am to 11:15am. After this, the Festival's raffles will be drawn, and this will be followed by awards presentations to this year's garden competition winners at 11:30am. Afterwards, guests can take self-drive tours to the winning gardens during the afternoon (maps will be available at this morning's event). Everyone is welcome!
Relay For Life - Kingaroy
- The overnight marathon by walkers at the Kingaroy Showgrounds - a fundraiser for the Cancer Council of Queensland - will draw to a close about 9:00am this morning with a small ceremony.
Murgon CBD Markets
- The monthly Murgon Markets will be held in Lamb Street in the heart of Murgon from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The markets offer locally-made crafts, foods and produce and are always an interesting Sunday morning out. New stall-holders are always welcome too! More details? Phone Richie on 0427-133-408
Lazy Sunday At Cranes - Kingaroy
- Cranes Winery at Haydens Road in Booie (just north of Kingaroy) will be holding a Lazy Sunday at their cellar door from 11:00am to 4:00pm today. The get-together will be offering Cranes wines, platters and live music by popular South Burnett entertainer Guy Davis - a really great way to relax and get ready for the new week ahead. There's no admission charge and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Cranes on (07) 4162-7647.
Lifeflight Charity Golf Day - Blackbutt
- A Lifeflight Charity Golf Day will be held at the Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road in Blackbutt from 10:00am this morning until early this afternoon. Play will take the form of a 2-person ambrose over 18 holes that's open to golfers and non-golfers alike. There'll also be pin shots and a raffle, and the match will be followed by a burger lunch. Green fees are $20 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180 or the club's captain on 0431-125-535.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
CWA Choir Afternoon - Wondai
- Wondai's CWA choir will be singing in The Studio at Wondai Art Gallery from 2:00pm this afternoon. The hour-long concert will be followed by afternoon tea. Entry is by a gold coin donation.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.