Waterhole Rocks - Nanango
- The final day of the four-day Waterhole Rocks rock'n'roll campout weekend will roar into life at the Nanango Showgrounds at 8:00am today with an hour of gospel music on stage by Jeff Hancox. At 9:00am, Kenny & The Retro Rockers will play a two-hour show, followed by a three-hour show from Arthur Nettelfield at 11:00am, and then karaoke led by Jeff Hancox at 2:30pm. A show'n'shine will also be held on the main oval from 9:00am to noon ($10 entry fee). A bar and canteen will be operating as well, and entry to the festival today is free. Powered and unpowered campsites are available at the Showgrounds for a nominal amount per night if you want to camp out. More details? Phone the Nanango Show Society on (07) 4163-1273 or Terry on (07) 4163-1999 or 0409-496-167.
Percussion Workshop - Kingaroy
- Day 2 of a two-day Percussion Workshop organised by the South Burnett Community Orchestra will be held at the Uniting Church Hall in Kingaroy today. The workshop will be led by Education Queensland percussion specialist Jeff Jarrott. For more information, contact the SBCO by email
Model Aero Fly-In - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Aeromodellers Society will be holding the second (and final) day of their two-day Model Aero Fly-In at the KAMS flying field at 844 Booie-Crawford Road, Booie from 8:30am until late this afternoon. KAMS members fly model aeroplanes of all types, and this weekend's get-together will be drawing fellow modellers from all over south-east Queensland. It's also a great opportunity for locals to come try the sport as well. The official opening will occur at 10:00am today. Admission is free, and there'll be a sausage sizzle and soft drinks on sale if you get peckish. More details? Phone John on 0408-879-286, Neil on 0418-987-422 or Dennis on 0458-622-895.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Blackbutt Country Markets
- The Blackbutt Lions Country Markets - run on the third Sunday of every month - will be held at Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00am until around mid-day today. The markets offer a wide range of locally produced arts, crafts and freshly harvested foodstuffs and everyone is welcome along! More details? Phone Ivan on (07) 4170-0068.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.