Wednesday, 16 October 2019
Add your event
KCCG Futures Forum - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Concerned Citizens Group will be holding a Futures Forum in the Taabinga Room of DAFF's research complex on the Kingaroy-Cooyar Road (just opposite Kingaroy Airport) from 6:30pm to around 10:30pm tonight. Three invited guest speakers will be addressing several topics of interest to South Burnett residents - both now and into the future - about how the region can survive and thrive in a post-Tarong Power Stations world. The forum is free but RSVPs would be appreciated to ensure adequate seating. You can make one by phoning 0428-621-991 or 0408-236-558. You can also read more about it on our website.
Kingaroy Carers Group
- The Kingaroy Carers Group will be holding their regular third Wednesday of the month meeting at the Kingaroy RSL's Function Room in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 10:30am to 12:30pm this morning. The group is open to anyone who acts as a carer. It's designed to provide a social and networking outlet for carers, who often find themselves isolated by their role. The group provides coffee, cake, companionship, support and information and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the Care for Carers team on (07) 4150 1900 or email them.
South Burnett Ag Network - Durong
- The South Burnett Ag Network will be holding its quarterly meeting at the Durong Bowls Club on the Wondai-Chinchilla Road at Durong from 3:00pm to around 5:30pm this afternoon. The meeting's main topic of discussion will be Drought and Stock Route Management, and there'll be a free afternoon tea as well. Everyone is welcome, but for catering purposes an RSVP to BIEDO on 0400-695-456 by 5:00pm on Tuesday, October 15 would be greatly appreciated.
Blackbutt Red Cross
- The Blackbutt branch of the Australian Red Cross will be holding their 3rd Wednesday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt tennis clubhouse in Hart Street, Blackbutt at 9:30am this morning. New members are always welcome.
Summer Soccer 7s - Kingaroy
- The first round of the South Burnett's Summer Soccer 7s will be played at Tom Alford Oval at the end of Oliver Bond Street in Kingaroy from 6:00pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Soccer 7s is a reduced-size game played during the off-season to help keep players fit, as well as introduce new players to the sport. Tonight, Ratbags FC will play Argentina and Panther Respecta will play Swamp Rats at 6:00pm; Bolders will play Tenacious Turtles and Licorice Allsorts will play The French Twist at 6:50pm; and The Fossils will play One Legged Wonders
while The Firies play West Wonders at 7:40pm. Spectators are very welcome to come along too.
Kingaroy QCWA Twilight Branch
- The Kingaroy QCWA Twilight Branch will be holding their third Wednesday of the month meeting at the QCWA Rooms next to Kingaroy RSL in Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm tonight. The Twilight Branch is a new branch of the QCWA specifically designed for working women and busy mums. It meets in the evenings and is separate from the traditional Kingaroy branch (which meets during the day). The Twilight Branch is open to all women who'd like to take part in QCWA activities and/or find out more about this highly respected community organisation. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Julie on 0408-719-120.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Wednesday Night Dance Class
- Dance classes will be held at Inverlaw Hall in Inverlaw from 7:30pm tonight. The classes are a great way to learn ballroom dancing classics like the Quick Step, Jazz Waltz, Swing Waltz, Evening Three Step and many more, and class fees are just $4. More details? Phone David on 0459-228-882.
Wednesday Afternoon Games - Blackbutt
- The Roy Emerson Museum at the end of Hart Street in Blackbutt will be hosting Wednesday afternoon board games from 2:00pm to around 4:00pm today. There'll be a big range of popular board games on offer, but guests are welcome to bring their own if they wish. Playing fees are just $2, which includes afternoon tea or coffee (BYO mug), and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jackie on 0438-785-009.
Rising Stars Playgroup - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Rising Stars Playgroup will be meeting at the Yarraman P9 State School Meeting Room between 8:45am and 10:30am this morning. Children involved in the playgroup will get to enjoy a morning of indoor and outdoor play and fun; develop pre-reading and pre-writing skills; form strong relationships with other children; and transition to school more smoothly. If you're bringing your child along, you should also bring along morning tea, a water bottle, a hat, closwed-in shoes suitable for climbing and old clothes (sunscreen will be provided). The playgroup meets every Wednesday during school terms. More details? Phone the school on (07) 4173-7333
Wednesday Night Poker
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Murgon Rotary Club
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
- The Kingaroy Ukesters ukulele group will be holding their weekly meeting in The Hub Room of Kingaroy's Orana Aged Care Facility from 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The group meets every Wednesday for a group play and sing-along session, and members range from raw beginners to experts. New members are always very welcome, and fun tuition for the world's easiest to play instrument is always available. More details? Phone Dorothy on 0419-778-015 or Neil on 0400-478-378.
Wednesday Morning Bridge
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Mondays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Wednesday Morning Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's parish will be running Wednesday morning bingo games at the Australian Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets, Murgon at 10:30am this morning. Everyone is welcome, and the proceeds will go to aid worthy local causes. More details? Phone Karen on 0419-676-228.
Ringsfield Readers Book Club - Nanango
- The Ringsfield Readers Book Club and Book Exchange will be holding its monthly meeting at Ringsfield House at 41-45 Alfred Street, Nanango at 10:00am this morning. Book Club members can exchange books for free, or for a small donation if they don't have a book, during Ringsfield's trading hours. Club members also have access to a cake and coffee deal at the meetings, which are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
South Burnett Social Group
- The South Burnett Social Group meets on the 3rd Wednesday of every month for morning tea. The group meet at different venues around the South Burnett to support local businesses, and membership is open to men and women of all ages. Morning tea options are usually affordably priced to help everyone join in. More details? Want to know where this month's meeting will be held? Phone Kath on (07) 4168-5282.
Free IT & Digital Services Workshop - Nanango
- Want to learn how to use your digital devices better? How to bank online safely? Access MyGov or Gmail? Or simply speed up a slow PC? Then come along to a free IT workshop being held in the meeting room behind Our Lady Help Of Christians Catholic Church at 16 Alfred Street, Nanango between 9:00am and 2:00pm today. Bring along your digital device, a pen and notebook, and your lunch. Women and men are both welcome. More details? Phone Patricia on 0408-762-973.
Nanango National Seniors
- The Nanango branch of National seniors will be holding its third Wednesday of the month meeting at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango this morning. The meeting will kick off with an informal cuppa around 9:30am before proceedings get underway at 10:00am. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone John on (07) 4163-6626.
Blackbutt Camera Club
- The Blackbutt Camera Club will be holding a meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 4:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. The club meets on the first and third Wednesdays of every month except December and January. The first Wednesday is devoted to practical photography (bring your own camera and equipment) and the third Wednesday to a review of those images and talks and tips on software (bring your laptop), followed by a committee meeting at 7:00pm. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Annette on (07) 4163-0148 or send her an email.
Maidenwell Rural Fire Brigade Meeting
- The Maidenwell Rural Fire Brigade will be holding their monthly meeting at the brigade's shed just down from the Maidenwell Hotel in front of J.A. Gorton Oval at 7:00pm this evening. If you'd like to volunteer with the brigade, contact Secretary Lona Goudswaard on (07) 4314-3000 or email her.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Proston
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Proston every Wednesday from 6:00pm at the old railway station at Railway Park in Rodney Street. For more information, phone 0427-137-140.
Wednesday, 16 October 2019
Add your event