Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 9:30am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be multiple jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Pink Stumps Charity Bowls Night - Wondai
- A Pink Stumps charity lawn bowls night will be held at the Wondai Country Club on the Bunya Highway north of Wondai's CBD from 6:00pm until late this evening. The event is being organised by the Wondai Cricket Club as a fundraiser for the McGrath Foundation, and will kick off with a BBQ at 6:00pm followed by lawn bowls at 7:00pm. There'll also be a licensed bar, multi-draw raffles and novelty prizes. Tickets are $15 per head - which includes a burger - and everyone is welcome. You can read what 2017's event was like (and see photos) on our website
Cowy - Yarraman
- Solo acoustic artist Cowy will be performing rock, country, pop and classics from the 1960s to the 2000s at the Royal Hotel on the D'Aguilar Highway, Yarraman from 7:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4163-8219.
Muddy Flats - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett's leading Indigenous band Muddy Flats will be performing their brilliant mix of country and blues classics and contemporary numbers at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 8:30pm to around 12:30am tonight. The Muddies aren't often seen in Kingaroy but are always a great night out. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Blue Light Disco - Yarraman
- A Blue Light Disco will be held at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 6:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The disco is for young people aged under 18 and all children need to be collected by an adult. Entry is $5.
Beef & Burger Night - Kingaroy
- Huskys Burgers outside SupaIGA in Avoca Street, Kingaroy will be holding a Beer and Burger Night until 8:30pm this evening. Guests planning a night on the town can buy their beer at takeaway prices from the bottle shop located diagonally opposite, then bring them over to Husky's for a sit-down burger dinner. It's a much cheaper option than going to a local pub for dinner (roughly 50% less) and the burgers are better, too. More details? Phone Husky's on (07) 4189-5605.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around noon this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4164-5574.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Government Assistance Information Day - Goomeri
- Rural Financial Counselling Services SQ will be holding a free Information Day at the Hall Of Memory in Boonara Stgreet, Goomeri from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning to discuss the range of government programs currently available to help rural producers and small businesses affected by drought and/or natural disasters. The seminar will discuss low interest loans from the Regional Investment Corporation; sustainability loans from QRIDA; the
drought relief assistance scheme from the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries; and the Farm Household Allowance and pensions from the Department of Human Services. More details? Phone (07) 4622-5500.
Friday Night Karaoke - Proston
- The Golden Spurs Hotel at the corner of Blake and Rodney Streets in Proston will be running karaoke sessions led by Love 2 Sing from 6:30pm until late tonight. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Di or Andy at the hotel on 0411-875-576.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.