Wednesday, 05 February 2020
Add your event
Eat In The Street Garage Sale - Nanango
- Nanango will be hosting an "Eat In The Street Garage Sale" from 4:30pm to 7:00pm tonight to raise funds for New Years Eve bushfire victims in Cobargo in southern NSW. The event has been organised by the Nanango Tourism and Development Association and it will run in Drayton and Henry Streets in the heart of Nanango's CBD. Members of the public have been invited to set up stalls to sell their surplus goods for a small fee, or donate them to stalls manned by volunteers so the entire proceeds of any sales can go to Cobargo; and Crusty's Pizza, Cocos Tapas Bar, Red's Fish & Chips, Shortiez and Nanango RSL will all be staying open late and offering special take-aways that can be eaten on tables and chaiors set up on the footpaths, with part of each sale also going to the fundraising drive. The Palace Hotel, meanwhile, will be offering Moffatdale Ridge wine tastings, face painting for children and the opportunity for local sports clubs and community groups to come along and publicise what they do. You can read more about tonight's event on our website. More details? Phone Jane Erkens on 0400-631-677 or NaTDA president Gloria Kirkness on (07) 4163-2848.
Green Shirts Movement Rally and Meet & Greet
- The Kingaroy cluster of the Green Shirts Movement will be holding a rally outside Member for Nanango Deb Frecklington's electorate office at 36 Alford Street, Kingaroy at 11:00am this morning, followed by a Meet & Greet at the Carrollee Hotel in King Street at 5:00pm this evening. The Green Shirts Movement is a national organisation formed by former State Of Origin prop Marty Bella which believes all levels of Government are making poor agricultural policies, and you can read more about them - and today's activities - on our website.
Breakthrough Health Expo - Murgon
- Graham House in Taylor Street East, Murgon will be hosting a DrugARM family and community expo today to provide information to people who are supporting others with drug or alcohol problems. The Expo, which will run from 8:30am to 10:30am, will highlight several local services available, and will be followed by a “Breakthrough Our Way”, an Indigenous-focussed training workshop running from 10:30am to 2:30pm. You can read more about today's Expo on our website.
Nanango Stags Sign On
- The Nanango Stags rugby league football club will be holding a Sign On for their 2020 season at Fred Kassulke Oval off the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango's CBD from 4:00pm to 6:00pm this afternoon. New players of all ages are very welcome!
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Wednesday Morning Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's parish will be running bingo games at the Australian Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets, Murgon at 10:30am this morning. Everyone is welcome, and the proceeds will go to aid worthy local causes. More details? Phone Karen on 0419-676-228.
Social Golf - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be running their weekly Sporters's Club game at 3:00pm this afternoon. This is a 6 hole event and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy a fun game of golf, as well as the chance to win a chook, golf balls or tees. Green fees are $5:00 for adults and $1:00 for children. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
Murgon Rotary Club
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone 0418-786-007.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Wednesday Touch Football - Kilkivan
- Wednesday night touch football will be played at Weier Oval in Council Street, Kilkivan from 6:30pm to 7:30pm this evening. Match fees are just $2 per game are the season runs year-round (except for Christmas/New Year). Teams are made up prior to kick-off and all ages and abilities are welcome. A canteen is available too. More details? Phone Rachel on 0419-701-472 or Cameron on 0408-755-848
Mateship Afternoon - Proston
- A Mateship Afternoon will be held at the Proston Bowls Club in Murphy Way (just around the corner from Proston Rural) from 4:00pm onwards today. The club's bar will be open and everyone is welcome to come along. More details? Phone John or Ann on 0427-454-900.
Wednesday Night Dance Classes
- Dance classes will be held at Inverlaw Hall in Inverlaw from 7:30pm tonight. The classes are a great way to learn ballroom dancing classics like the Quick Step, Jazz Waltz, Swing Waltz, Evening Three Step and many more, and class fees are just $4. More details? Phone David on 0459-228-882.
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269
Kingaroy Girl Guides
- After a break for the summer holidays, the Kingaroy Girl Guides Troop will be resuming their regular Wednesday meetings at the Guides Hut in Mant Street, Kingaroy this afternoon. U9s will meet from 4:00pm to 5:30pm, and seniors (ages 10-18) from 5:30pm to 7:30pm. The Girl Guides meet weekly during school terms and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone Amanda on 0417-076-756 or Holly on 0403-740-984.
Nanango Theatre Company AGM
- The Nanango Theatre Company will be holding its Annual General Meeting at their playhouse at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango at 7:00pm tonight. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Get Your Racquet On - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Tennis Club at 61 Hart Street, Blackbutt (just up the road from the Radnor Hotel) will be holding a "Get Your Racquet On" session from 5:30pm tonight. This open court program requires no skill, no racquet and no mates and the $10 per session fee includes a BBQ dinner and drink. New players are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning 0458-539-821.
Blackbutt Lions Club
- The Blackbutt Lions Club will be holding its first Wednesday of the month dinner meeting at the Lions Den off Bowman Road behind the Blackbutt Showgrounds this evening. Potential new members are guests are always welcome. More details? Phone Ivan on (07) 4170-0068.
Kingaroy Dementia Support Group
- The Orana Dementia Support Group will be holding its monthly meeting in the Community Hub at Kingaroy's Orana aged care facility from 10:00am to noon today. The group meets to discuss all aspects of dementia, provide support for carers and to share information, and all family and friends of a person suffering dementia or short term memory loss are welcome. More details? Phone Margot on (07) 4162-6555.
Blackbutt Camera Club
- The Blackbutt Camera Club will be holding a meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 4:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. The club meets on the first and third Wednesdays of every month except December and January. The first Wednesday is devoted to practical photography (bring your own camera and equipment) and the third Wednesday to a review of those images and talks and tips on software (bring your laptop), followed by a committee meeting at 7:00pm. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Annette on (07) 4163-0148 or send her an email.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Line Dancing - Blackbutt
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt today. An intermediate and advanced class will run from 9:30am to 11:30am. Modest class fees apply and new dancers are always welcome!
Wednesday Night Poker
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Kingaroy Ukesters ukulele group will be holding their weekly meeting in The Hub Room of Kingaroy's Orana Aged Care Facility from 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The group meets every Wednesday for a group play and sing-along session, and members range from raw beginners to experts. New members are always very welcome, and fun tuition for the world's easiest to play instrument is always available. More details? Phone Dorothy on 0419-778-015 or Neil on 0400-478-378.
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today (and also on Mondays). New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
- The newly-formed Overeaters Anonymous will be holding its initial meeting at the Parish Meeting Place at 16 Alfred Street, Nanango from 7:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. OA is is a fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience, strength, and hope, are recovering from compulsive overeating. Ther group welcomes everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively, and there are no dues or fees for members. OA is not affiliated with any public or private organization, political movement, ideology, or religious doctrine and takes no position on outside issues. Its primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive eating and compulsive food behaviors and to carry the message of recovery through the Twelve Steps of OA to those who still suffer.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Proston
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. AA isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Proston every Wednesday from 6:00pm at the old railway station at Railway Park in Rodney Street. For more information, phone 0427-137-140.
Wednesday, 05 February 2020
Add your event