Kingaroy Ambulance Station Centenary
- Kingaroy's Ambulance Station at 29 Edward Street will be celebrating the centenary of ambulance services in the Kingaroy district from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. Highlights will include a return visit by the first ambulance - a 1937 Chrysler Royal - along with displays of memorabilia and equipment; CPR awareness displays by Murgon's Local Ambulance Committee; and “Axel The Ambulance” along with face-painting for children. The official opening – along with morning tea and the cutting of a centenary cake – will occur at 10:00am. Everyone is welcome and there's no entry fee.
Trivia & Bingo Night Extravaganza
- Taabinga State School P&C will be holding a big Trivia & Bingo Night Extravaganza at the school's hall in Rae Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to around 10:00pm tonight. Apart from great bingo games offering the chance to win a $1000 jackpot, there'll also be raffles, food and a licensed bar operating onsite (BYO snacks). Parents will be catered for, too, with secure on-site child minding facilities available for a small fee. Tickets - which include your entry and a bingo book - are just $20, and they can be booked online. EFTPOS facilities will be available onsite too, and everyone is welcome!
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Pig On A Spit Night - Maidenwell
- Maidenwell's historic Maidenwell Hotel will be holding its monthly Pig On A Spit evening from 6:00pm until late tonight (dinner is served from 6:00pm to 8:00pm). There'll be live entertainment from Arthur Nettelfield and lots of cold beer, along with more pork than you can poke a fork at, all served up with with roast potatoes, pumpkin, corn, peas, carrots, applesauce and gravy for $17 per plate! The hotel also has roast beef and spit roasted chicken on the menu for those who prefer to go non-pork, plus a vegetarian option (ie vegies only), along with Little Butcher meat tray raffles to raise funds for Tanduringie State School. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the pub on (07) 4164-6133.
Junior Motorcycle Club Race Day
- The Kingaroy Junior Motorcycle Speedway Club will be holding their first Club Day for 2020 on the main oval of Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy this morning, with gates opening at 8:00am and racing from 9:00am until around noon. The club is for young motorcycle riders aged 4 to 16 and spectators are very welcome. More details? Phone Simon on 0439-716-742. You can also read more about the Junior Motorcycle Club on our website.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Mr Q Live & Loud At The Palace
- The South Burnett's most popular good times band Mr Q will be performing live (and loud) at the Palace Hotel and Kitchen in Drayton Street, Nanango from 8:00pm until late tonight. The band will be playing their usual mix of original tunes and rock favourites, admission is free and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Beau at the hotel on (07) 4163-1287.
Billy Guy - Kingaroy
- Entertainer Billy Guy will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm to 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1755.
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
- The Nanango parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run along the Ros Gregor Trail at Tipperary Flat next to the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
Miss Leading - Wondai
- South Burnett entertainers Miss Leading will be performing at the Cecil Hotel in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 7:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4168-5460.
Narcotics Anonymous - Wondai
- The South Burnett branch of Narcotics Anonymous will be holding its weekly meeting at Wondai from 6:00pm to around 7:00pm this evening. The group provides support for anyone experiencing problems with drugs of any kind (including prescription medicines) and meetings are free. More details? Phone 0400-600-514.