Yellowbelly Fishing Competition - Lake Boondooma
- The second (and final) day of the weekend-long 30th annual Boondooma Dam Yellowbelly Fishing Competition will be held at Boondooma Dam today, starting at around 5:00am this morning and concluding with final weigh-ins at 9:30am. The event - organised by the Boondooma Dam Fish Stocking Association in conjunction - will have adult and junior sections and numerous cash prizes for each weigh-in period. A licensed bar, BBQ and food and drink stalls will be operating for the duration and accommodation for competitors is available at the adjoining Lake Boondooma Tourist Park. Competition entry fees are $20 for adults and $5 for children and all competitors will need to have a Stocked Impoundment Permit to take part. Last year almost 10000 keen anglers wet their lines for a share of the $50,000 in prizes on offer and large numbers of campers packed the dam's camping grounds. This year organisers expect similar numbers or higher. More details and/or nominations? Phone 0417-717-324 or send them an email. Want on-site accommodation? Then phone the Lake Boondooma Tourist Park on (07) 4168-9694 or email them.
South Burnett Soccer Sevens - Kingaroy
- The second (and final) day of the 37th annual South Burnett Soccer Sevens will be held at the Kingaroy Soccer Grounds in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy today. This giant pre-season carnival - run by the South Burnett Senior Soccer Association - attracts teams from all over south-east Queensland and is one of the region's major annual sporting events. This year organisers expect there'll be upwards of 40 men's and women's teams competing for more prize monies, and locals are also very welcome to form a team and join in. Today's games will get underway at around 8:20am and will run to about 3:30pm, when presentations will be made to the winners in the Men's, Women's and Over-35s divisions. Admission to the Soccer Sevens is 100% free for spectators and there'll be a licensed bar, BBQ and canteen operating at the grounds too.
Hudson's Circus - Nanango
- Hudsons Circus will be performing a final two-hour show at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street, Nanango at 11:00am this morning. Ringside tickets range from $37-$50 for children and $47-$60 for adults, and more details can be found on the Hudsons Circus website
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Ladies Let's Play Golf - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway south-west of town will be holding a Ladies Lets Play Golf promotion at 3:00pm this afternoon to encourage more women to take up the sport. All golf equipment will be provided by the club, and this free event will be followed by afternoon tea. To take part, all you need to do beforehand is register online, then bring along soft-soled shoes and a hat. More details? Phone the club on (07) 4162-1720.
Barrel Racing - Kilkivan
- POSTPONED: Due to wet weather, an NBHA District 2 barrel racing competition planned for the Kilkivan Equestrian Centre today has been postponed until February 23.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.