Wondai Army Cadets Open Day
- The 135 Army Cadet Unit will be holding an Open Day at their depot in Bramston Street, Wondai between 10:00am and 1:00pm today. The day is for young people aged between 13 and 17 who are interested in joining the Army Cadets and/or who would like to find out more about all the fun things the Cadets do, and their parents are very welcome to come along as well. More details? Phone Andrew on 0408-623-621 or Lynda on 0427-327-722, or send them an email. You can also read more about what the unit's 2017 Open Day was like (and see photos) on our website
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Junior Motorcycle Come & Try Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Junior Motorcycle Speedway Club will be holding a Come & Try day on the main oval of Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 11:00am today. Young riders aged 4 to 16 will be able to come and try their hand at no cost under the supervision of an experienced team of officials and volunteers. And any participant at the Come & Try will be eligible to claim a free Recreational Motorcycling Australia Licence (valued at $130) just for participating. This licence lasts for 12 months, and insures riders for participating in the sport, offering them more access to motorcycle venues, events and resources. More details? Tracey on 0407-623-012. You can also read more about today's activities on our website.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755