Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Heritage House Dinner - Yarraman
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be holding their monthly dinner at 6:00pm this evening. Heritage House's monthly dinners are always an inexpensive fun night out with great entertainment, but to help plan the catering you'll need to phone (07) 4163-8111 to make a booking. Everyone is welcome!
Proston Karaoke Night
- After a brief break for the festive season, the Golden Spurs Hotel at the corner of Rodney and Blake Streets in Proston will be holding their first Karaoke Night for 2019 with Love 2 Sing Karaoke from 7:00pm until late this evening. Everyone is welcome to this fun night out and there's no charge to take part. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4164-2261.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Japanese Cuisine Night - Nanango
- Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango will be holding a Japanese Cuisine Night from 5:30pm until late this evening. Chef Rion will be serving up a variety of Japanese treats from servery. You can make a booking by phoning (07) 4163-1375.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Mr Q Duo - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnett musicians Gavin and Tony Cisneros (aka the Mr Q Duo) will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 8:00pm until late tonight. Keith Edwards - the bloke who put the "B" into The Bourbon Boys - will also be lending a hand with a few numbers. Everyone is welcome and admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.