Nature Walk - Tansey
- The Kingaroy branch of Native Plants Queensland will be holding a nature walk along Planted Creek and Goonuloom Road in Tansey at 9:00am this morning, kicking off with a morning tea. Native Plants Queensland focusses on the State's native plants, and the walk is open to members and non-members alike. However, to help plan the catering, an RSVP would be greatly appreciated. You can make one by phoning Jean on (07) 4168-7110.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Men's Golf Carnival - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road in Blackbutt will be holding its Men's Carnival today, sponsored by IGA Nanango. There'll be a double shotgun start at 8:00am and 12:30pm and green fees - which include a meal - are $22. Everyone is welcome! More details from the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
Brahmousin Cattle School - Nanango
- The final day of the three-day 2019 Brahmousin Cattle School will be held at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street all day today. The school would be of interest to anyone interested in showing and judging cattle, and you can read more about it on the Cattle School website.
Chinese Brush Painting Workshop - Blackbutt
- A Chinese Brush Painting Workshop will be held at Studio 4 in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 10:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. No prior skills or artistic talent are required, and the workshop is limited to a maximum of 10 people. Fees are $40 per person or $60 for a couple (children must be accompanied by an adult) and everyone is welcome.
Social Tennis Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy & District Tennis Association will be holding a Social Tennis Day at their courts in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm to 7:00pm this afternoon and evening. Participants should BYO racquet and a gold coin donation to take part, and drinks and a sausage sizzle will be available on site. Players of all skill levels are very welcome.