On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Wednesday, 11 October 2017
Mental Health Week Community Breakfast - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be hosting a free community breakfast outside Kingaroy Library in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 7:00am to around 9:00am this morning to raise awareness about Queensland Mental Health Week. Mary Woods, one of the founders of the "Tie Up The Black Dog" committee, will be a special guest speaker and everyone is welcome.
Wooroolin QCWA Meeting
- The Wooroolin QCWA will be holding their regular monthly meeting at the Wooroolin QCWA Rooms on the Bunya Highway, Wooroolin at 9:30am this morning. All interested women from Wooroolin and district are very welcome to join them for a great afternoon tea and a chat after the meeting. More details? Phone Janice on 0439-073-160.
Blackbutt Busy Needles Group
- The Blackbutt Busy Needles group will be meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 1:30pm today. The group meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Linda on (07) 4170-0823 or Sue on (07) 4163-0919.
Kumbia QCWA Craft Group
- The Kumbia QCWA Craft Group will be holding their regular 2nd Wednesday of the month meeting at the Kumbia QCWA Rooms in Bell Street today, kicking off with morning tea at 9:30am. Everyone is welcome, whether they're QCWA members or not. More details? Phone Mollie on (07) 4164-4191 or Lil on (07) 4164-4218.
South Burnett Regional Council Meeting
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding its monthly general meeting at the Glendon Street Council Chambers in Kingaroy at 9:00am this morning. Meetings are open to the public. Note: This meeting is being held a week earlier than normal.
Probus Club Meeting - Nanango
- Nanango's Probus Club will be holding their monthly meeting at the QCWA Rooms in Fitzroy Street, Nanango (just across the road from IGA) from 9:30am to 11:30am this morning. The club meets on the second Wednesday of each month and all meetings usually feature a guest speaker who talks on an interesting topic. Afterwards, some members like to go for a meal at a local venue, and newcomers are always welcome. More details? Phone Rosie on (07) 4163-8930 or send an email.
AgForce Career Conversations - Nanango
- AgForce will be holding a Career Conversations BBQ Dinner at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street, Nanango at 6:00pm this evening. The dinner is being held as part of the Wide Bay Schools Steer Competition, and its aim is to give secondary school students the opportunity to discuss agriculture career pathways with those already involved in the industry. All secondary students are welcome. More details? Phone 0428-157-086.
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Nanango Country Quilters & Crafts Group
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Wednesday Night Judo - Murgon
- The Murgon Judo Club will be holding its regular Wednesday training night at the Salvation Army Hall in Macalister Street, Murgon this evening. Junior classes will run from 4:30pm to 5:30pm and seniors from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Class fees are $4 for juniors and $6 for seniors. More details? Phone Stan on (07) 4168-3104 or (0414) 404-004
Connections Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Connections Craft Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 12:00 noon to around 2:00pm this afternoon. Members can bring their own craft project, or join in an activity the group is doing. Everyone is welcome and morning tea is provided for a gold coin donation. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Line Dancing Classes - Yarraman
- Line dancing classes will be held at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:00am to 11:00am this morning. The first hour is for beginners, the second for more advanced dancers, but everyone is welcome to stay for both. Class fees are $5 and classes are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. More details? Phone Chrissie on 0418-199-080.
Wondai Senior Citizens Club Meeting
- The Wondai Senior Citizens Club will be holding their second Wednesday of the month meeting at the Wondai Diggers Club at 87 Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 1:00pm this afternoon. The $2 meeting fee includes afternoon tea, a singalong, card games, bingo and beatles with small prizes, and membership is only $5 a year. The club also organises occasional bus trips. New members are always welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Graham on (07) 4168-5598.
- The Wooroolin Scouts meet every Wednesday night during school terms at their den in Kate Street, Wooroolin from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. The troop is open to young people aged 6 to 18, and new members are always welcome.
Yarraman Men's Shed Committee Meeting
- A general meeting of the Yarraman Men's Shed Committee will be held at Heritage House at 26 Millar Street, Yarraman at 10:00am this morning. All members and interested men are encouraged to attend.
Free Family Movie Night - Yarraman
- As part of the Colours Of Yarraman Festival, the Yarraman Kindy will be hosting a free Family Movie Night at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 6:30pm tonight, and screening 'Middle School - The Worst Years of My Life' from 7:00pm. Guests can BYO pillows or blankets, and hot food, drinks and snacks will be available all night from a cash-only canteen. Everyone is welcome!
Nanango Get Together Coffee Group
- The Nanango Get Together Coffee Group will be meeting at the Nanango Food Junction at 77 Drayton Street, Nanango at 5:30pm today. Members of the group get together regularly for a coffee and chat, and new members 18 or older are always welcome.
Karate Come & Try Night - Nanango
- A Karate Come & Try Night will be held at the QCWA Rooms in Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 7:30pm tonight. The evening is for everyone aged from 8 to adult and it's free. More details? Phone 0431-744-617.
Futsal Come & Try Afternoon - Kingaroy
- A Futsal Come & Try Afternoon will be held at St Mary's Catholic College at 10 Kent Street in Kingaroy from 4:00pm to 6:00pm this afternoon. There is a $5 fee to cover hall hire costs, but new and returning players are welcome and information about the upcoming summer futsal competition will be provided.
Burnett Business Growth Bootcamp - Wondai
- The first day of a two-day Burnett Business Growth Bootcamp will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 9:30am to 8:30pm today. The bootcamp is being presented by WiRE and over two days (18 hours) this intensive practical bootcamp will supply students with the tools and support they need to explore and test ideas to start or grow a business. Cost of the two-day bootcamp is $90 (which includes 18 hours of tuition, all meals, a WiRE Playbook and t-shirt) and more details and bookings can be made online.
Wednesday, 11 October 2017