On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 26 October 2017
Country Kitchens Walking Group - Kingaroy
- The Country Kitchens Walking Group will be leaving the QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street in Kingaroy at 9:30am this morning for a leisurely one-hour walk around town. The walking group is for mums and bubs, nans and prams and each walk will be led by a personal trainer and QCWA Country Kitchen facilitators. The group is open to anyone who'd like to join in, and the walks will happen at the same time and place each Thursday during school terms - a great way to have fun and make new friends! More details? Phone Janelle on 0419-861-616 or send her an email.
NaTDA Meeting - Nanango
- The Nanango Tourism & Development Association will be holding its monthly meeting in the Long Hai Room at the Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 5:30pm tonight. NaTDA aims to assist, foster, instigate and/or manage any project that could contribute to the advancement of the communities in and around Nanango, and it represents the interests of the Nanango community, business and tourism operators. All interested people are very welcome to come along and get involved! Afterwards, the meeting will be followed by an informal, optional social dinner at the RSL's bistro. You can obtain more information by phoning Gloria Kirkness on (07) 4163-2848. Note: Tonight's meeting is being held a week later than usual to avoid conflicting with the Waterhole Rocks festival. Meetings will return to the usual third Thursday next month.
Shane Webke - Murgon
- Queensland WHS and BIEDO will be bringing football legend Shane Webke to the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon this afternoon to share important messages about staying safe at work, on the farm, and at home. The event will kick off with a BBQ at 4:30pm, followed by a presentation from Shane at 5:00pm and then presentations by Ergon Energy and the South Burnett Regional Council at 6:00pm. There'll also be tools and resources available to help businesses and farmers comply with their WHS obligations, and a Shane Webke autographed football will be the day's lucky door prize. Everyone is welcome and admission is free.
Kumbia QCWA Meeting
- The QCWA Kumbia Branch in Bell Street will open its doors at 9.00am this morning for a cuppa, followed by a branch meeting at 9:30am. After this formality has been attended to, though, members will focus on friendship and fun through sharing their skills in traditional and contemporary art and handcraft activities for the remainder of the morning and into the afternoon. Members, non-members and new members are all very welcome! More details? Phone president Catherine Woodham on 0403-616-564. Note: The Kumbia branch meets on the 4th Thursday of each month from February to November.
Reclaim The Night - Kingaroy
- POSTPONED: A "Reclaim The Night" march will be held in Kingaroy's CBD at 7:00pm tonight as part of Sexual Violence Awareness Month. The march will be preceded by a rally and BBQ in the Kingaroy Town Hall forecourt at 5:00pm. Tonight's march is the first held in Kingaroy for 15 years, and has been put together by Centacare. Everyone is welcome. Note: Today's march has been deferred due to a BOM warning about a possible afternoon thunderstorm. A new date will be announced in due course.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Special Council Meeting - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be holding a special meeting at 8:30am this morning at the Warren Truss Room in Glendon Street to approve the Council's 2016-17 Annual report, and award a tender for the Mt Wooroolin water main project. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
Murgon Spinning, Weaving and Dyeing Group
- The Murgon Spinning, Weaving & Dyeing Group will be holding a meeting at the Wondai Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai from 9:00am to 2:00pm today. The group is open to anyone interested in learning spinning, weaving or dyeing and it meets on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. More details? Phone Enid on (07) 4168-2614, Judy on (07) 4168-4634 or Judith on (07) 4168-5698.
Proston Show Society Meeting
- The Proston Show Society will be holding its regular monthly meeting at the Proston Showgrounds at 7:00pm tonight. Show Society membership is just $12 a year for adults and
$7 a year for junior members (12 to 18 years), and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Glenda on 0423-612-971 or send her an email.
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Hoy - Murgon
- The Ballogie Community Group will be playing Hoy at the Murgon Motor Inn on the Bunya Highway, Murgon from 1:30pm this afternoon as a fundraiser for the annual Christmas Fair. Playing fees are $5.00 (which includes a ticket in the Lucky Door draw) and there'll also be a $1 afternoon tea and $1 raffle tickets. More details? Phone (07) 4164-1249 or 0448-289-403.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Nanango Stags AGM - Nanango
- The Nanango Stags rugby league club will be holding their Annual General Meeting at their clubhouse at Fred Kassulke Oval off the D'Aguilar Highway just south of town at 6:00pm tonight. All interested people are welcome to attend.
Zumba Class - Kingaroy
- A Zumba fitness class run by Ange George will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Classes are held at the same time and place every Tuesday and Thursday. Class fees apply.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Birds Of A Feather - Kingaroy
- The Birds Of A Feather Cancer Support Group will be holding their regular 4th Thursday of the month meeting at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 10:00am this morning. This is a friendly, informal group of women who have (or had) cancer, as well as carers, and they get together once a month for a morning tea and chat. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Joan on (07) 4164-8151.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 26 October 2017