On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 19 October 2017
Waterhole Rocks Festival - Nanango
- The first day of the four-day Waterhole Rocks rock 'n' roll campout weekend will roar into life at the Nanango Showgrounds this afternoon and continue on until late tonight. The festival is devoted to all things associated with 1950s and 1960s rock 'n' roll. This includes hot rods, custom cars, vintage caravans, driving games and dance lessons, all backed up by red hot rock 'n' roll acts. The Festival will get underway at 6:00pm with a spit roast dinner cooked on site, followed by the Rock’n'Roll Boys playing from 7:30pm until late - just perfect if you're looking for a rock & roll night out, complete with dancing on the Festival's special rock 'n' roll dance floor! A bar and canteen will be operating too. Entry to the festival is free today, and powered and unpowered campsites are also be available at the Showgrounds for a nominal amount per night if you want to bunk down in the grounds. Everyone is welcome and the Festival will rock on right through until late Sunday afternoon. More details? Phone the Nanango Show Society on (07) 4163-1273 or Terry on (07) 4163-1999 or 0409-496-167.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
Country Kitchens Walking Group - Kingaroy
- The Country Kitchens Walking Group will be leaving the QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street in Kingaroy at 9:30am this morning for a leisurely one-hour walk around town. The walking group is for mums and bubs, nans and prams and each walk will be led by a personal trainer and QCWA Country Kitchen facilitators. The group is open to anyone who'd like to join in, and the walks will happen at the same time and place each Thursday during school terms - a great way to have fun and make new friends! More details? Phone Janelle on 0419-861-616 or send her an email.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Zumba Class - Kingaroy
- A Zumba fitness class run by Ange George will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Classes are held at the same time and place every Tuesday and Thursday. Class fees apply.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
South Burnett Computer Users Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Computer Users Group will be holding their fortnightly meeting from 10:00am today at the Orana Drop-In Centre at MacDiarmid Street in Kingaroy. SBCUG is a not-for-profit group that aims to help seniors get the most from their computers. Beginners through to more advanced users are catered for with demonstrations and practical lessons. If you're interested in becoming confident using your computer, you're very welcome to come and learn in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The meeting starts at 10:00am with a short break at 11:30am, and then continues to 1:00pm. You can bring your own laptop to follow along on the lessons and get help with any problems you have, or learn on one of the groups laptops if you have a desktop model at home. More details? Call Call Helen on (0413) 196-658 or Michael on (07) 4163-3586. You can also read more about this group on our website.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Blackbutt Agricultural Society
- The Blackbutt Agricultural Society will be holding their third Thursday of the month meeting at the main pavilion inside the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road at 7:00pm this evening. All interested people are welcome to attend.
The Jimbo & Gary The Goat Comedy Show - Kingaroy
- The Jimbo & Gary The Goat Comedy Show will be performing at the Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy this evening as part of a state-wide tour. Tickets are $41.33 and can be booked on EventBrite.
National Seniors Meeting - Murgon
- The Murgon branch of National Seniors will be holding their latest bi-monthly meeting for 2017 at the Murgon Bowls Club at 103 Macalister Street, Murgon from 10:00am this morning (though you can come as early as 9:30am if you'd like an informal morning tea beforehand). Today is the group's regular bi-monthly meeting and all interested people are welcome. Afterwards, members usually adjourn to the Murgon Services Club for lunch. The group meets on the third Thursday of every second month and runs regular bus trips to nearby areas on alternate months. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone Paula on (07) 4168-3114 or (0438) 708-885.
Futsal Seniors Come & Try Night
- A Come & Try night for senior Futsal players will be held at St Mary's Catholic College in Kent Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. New and returning players are both welcome to come and have a look at the new club and find out all the information they'll need for the upcoming season. There is a $5 per player charge to cover hall hire costs, and parking is in the designated spaces only, with no vehicles allowed to go beyond the orange bunting.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 19 October 2017