On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Thursday, 05 October 2017
Country Kitchens Walking Group - Kingaroy
- The Country Kitchens Walking Group will be leaving the QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street in Kingaroy at 9:30am this morning for a leisurely one-hour walk around town. The walking group is for mums and bubs, nans and prams and each walk will be led by a personal trainer and QCWA Country Kitchen facilitators. The group is open to anyone who'd like to join in, and the walks will happen at the same time and place each Thursday during school terms - a great way to have fun and make new friends! More details? Phone Janelle on 0419-861-616 or send her an email.
Sports & Recreation Consultation Meetings - Kingaroy and Wondai
- The South Burnett Regional Council wants to develop a plan for the region's sporting and recreation facilities over the next 10 years and has hired a specialist consultant - Ross Planning - to help develop it. The Council is interested in the types of sport and recreation activities people in the South Burnett enjoy participating in, or would like to participate in, and will be holding a series of community consultation meetings this week to find out. Tonight it will be holding a meeting at the Kingaroy Town Common Hall in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 5:30pm to 6:30pm, followed by a second meeting at the Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.
Blackbutt & Benarkin Aged Care Association Meeting
- The Blackbutt & Benarkin Aged Care Association will be holding its first Thursday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt Medical Centre at 91 Coulson Street in Blackbutt from 6:00pm to around 8:00pm this evening. New members are very welcome! More details? Email secretary Tracey Snell or phone Jeff Connor on 0448-946-702.
South Burnett Toastmasters - Kingaroy
- South Burnett Toastmasters will be holding a meeting in the Anzac Room of Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm this evening. Toastmasters is a great way to learn how to speak in public and boost your self-confidence, and new members are always very welcome! Meetings are held on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Thursdays of the month. More details? Visit the South Burnett Toastmasters website
South Burnett Cake Decorating Association - Wondai
- The South Burnett Cake Decorating Association will be holding their monthly meeting in The Studio at the Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout in Wondai from 9:30am to around 1:30pm today. Anyone with an interest in learning more about this fascinating art is very welcome. More details? Phone Gloria on (07) 4168-1952 or send her an email.
Taras Hall Bingo - Nanango
- Bingo games will be held at Taras Hall immediately next to Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango at 9:00am this morning (doors open at 9:00am; eyes down at 10:00am sharp). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Old Time Dancing Classes - Murgon
- Old Time Dancing will be held at the South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon at 1:00pm to 3:00pm this afternoon. The class caters to all levels from beginners to advanced, all in a fun and social atmosphere lead by a qualified dance instructor. Class fees - which include tea and coffee - are just $4 if you're dancing, or $2 if you're watching. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889 or send them an email.
St Joseph's Bingo - Murgon
- St Joseph's Parish Hall in Angel Avenue, Murgon will be hosting bingo games from 7:30pm this evening. There'll be $1000 in prizes on offer as well as a canteen and lucky bingo tickets. Proceeds will go to aid St Joseph's school and community works.
Kingaroy Community Kitchen
- The Kingaroy Community Kitchen will be holding its regular Thursday morning meeting at St Mary's Hall at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 9:30am to around 1:00pm today. Community Kitchen members learn how to cook a variety of budget conscious home-cooked meals, then sit down together for a communal lunch afterwards to enjoy the results for the cost of a gold coin donation. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Nanango & District Garden Club Meeting
- The Nanango Garden Club will be holding their regular first Thursday of the month meeting at 10:00am this morning at a property in the Nanango area. New members are always very welcome. More details? More details? Phone Susan on (07) 4171-0619 or send her an email.
Come & Try Futsal - Kingaroy
- A Come & Try Futsal night will be held at the Kingaroy State High School Sports Hall from 5:00pm to 7:00pm tonight for players aged 15 or higher. Participants should bring along a $5 contribution to cover hall hire costs. Note: A similar night for U16s players will be held at St Mary’s Catholic College’s Maryknoll Centre next Monday night, October 9. A $5 hall hire fee applies to this, too.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
South Burnett Computer Users Group - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Computer Users Group will be holding their fortnightly meeting from 10:00am today at the Orana Drop-In Centre at MacDiarmid Street in Kingaroy. SBCUG is a not-for-profit group that aims to help seniors get the most from their computers. Beginners through to more advanced users are catered for with demonstrations and practical lessons. If you're interested in becoming confident using your computer, you're very welcome to come and learn in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The meeting starts at 10:00am with a short break at 11:30am, and then continues to 1:00pm. You can bring your own laptop to follow along on the lessons and get help with any problems you have, or learn on one of the groups laptops if you have a desktop model at home. More details? Call Call Helen on (0413) 196-658 or Michael on (07) 4163-3586. You can also read more about this group on our website.
Tai Chi Class - Kumbia
- Kumbia's weekly Tai Chi class will be held in the lunch room at the Kumbia Sports Ground from 8:30am to 9:30am this morning. The class is for beginners and new members are always welcome.
Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA Meeting
- The Blackbutt-Yarraman QCWA will be holding their first Thursday monthly meeting at the Blackbutt RSL at the corner of Douglas and Muir Streets, Blackbutt at 9:30am this morning. New members and visitors are always very welcome.
Zumba Class - Kingaroy
- A Zumba fitness class run by Ange George will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Classes are held at the same time and place every Tuesday and Thursday. Class fees apply.
Girls Night Out - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Dance Supporters group will be holding a special preview screening of the outrageous new comedy Girls Trip (MA) at Kingaroy's Satellite Cinema in Short Street tonight. There'll be wine, cheese and nibbles from 5:15pm, followed by the movie at 6:00pm, and proceeds will go to help a troupe of South Burnett dancers perform in the USA later this year. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased at the door. More details? Phone Jessica on 0438-056-944.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Kingaroy
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Kingaroy every Thursday from 7:30pm at the "Biscuit Tin", behind St Mary's Church Hall, 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy. For more information, phone (07) 4162-5747.
Thursday, 05 October 2017