On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 21 October 2017
Wondai Races Caulfield Cup Meeting
- The South Burnett Race Club will be holding their annual Wondai Races Caulfield Cup Meeting meeting at the Wondai race track in Baynes Street, Wondai from around 11:30am today (the first race leaves the barriers at 1:35pm). The theme of today's meeting is "Flowers And Fascinators" and guests are encouraged to dress to this theme to be in the running for great prizes in the hotly-contested Fashions Of The Field competition. As usual, the meeting will feature an on-course TAB; live telecasts of Brisbane and interstate races (along with interstate betting fluctuations); a vigorous undercover betting ring; a great BBQ and bar and a Punters Podium. The always popular Lady Luck Cocktail Bar will be in full swing too, along with the track's canteen. Today's meeting will feature a full card of five races and entry to the track is $10. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the race club on (07) 4168-5530.
Reinke Scrub Walk - Proston
- POSTPONED TO NEXT SATURDAY - A free field walk through the Reinke Scrub Conservation Park at The Weir Road in Proston will be held from 9:00am today. The walk through this 50 hectare piece of land will be led by field naturalists, and anyone who'd like to take part should meet up at the Reinke Scrub car park (proceed to the end of Rodney Street and follow The Weir Road for a few kilometres).
Waterhole Rocks Festival - Nanango
- The third day of the four-day Waterhole Rocks rock 'n' roll campout weekend will kick off at 8:00am this morning with an hour of CD music, followed by a Mystery Car Cruise around the region and Billy Guy taking to the stage at 9:00am; Jeff Hancox at 11:00am; and Zed 28 from 1:00pm to 5:00pm. They'll be followed by a Fashion Competition before the Old 45s take to the stage from 6:30pm to around 10:30pm. The festival is devoted to all things associated with 1950s and 1960s rock 'n' roll. This includes hot rods, custom cars, vintage caravans, driving games and dance lessons, all backed up by red hot rock 'n' roll acts. A bar and canteen will be operating all day and night too. Entry to the festival $20 today (or you can buy a weekend pass for $35), and powered and unpowered campsites are also be available at the Showgrounds for a nominal amount per night if you want to camp out. Everyone is welcome and the Festival will rock on right through until late Sunday afternoon. More details? Phone the Nanango Show Society on (07) 4163-1273 or Terry on (07) 4163-1999 or 0409-496-167.
Casino Royale - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Kindergarten will be holding a Casino Royale casino night at the Royal Hotel in Yarraman from 6:30pm until late tonight as a fundraiser. Tickets are $40 per head and include finger foods and $1000 in play money. The evening will offer roulette, blackjack, poker and craps and a courtesy coach will be available too. Tickets can be obtained in advance from the kindy, or at the door tonight. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Helen on 0417-724-932.
Kingaroy QCWA Girls Craft Club
- The Kingaroy QCWA Girls Craft Club will be holding its third Saturday of the month meeting at the Kingaroy QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 1:00pm to 4:00pm this afternoon. The club - which is for young girls aged 10 and above - teaches basic life skills like sewing, embroidery, healthy cooking and catering. The cost is $2 a day plus a small charge for materials used, and all young girls and teens are very welcome. More details? Phone Marilyn on (07) 4162-2697 or Lois on (07) 4162-3824.
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Amber Goldsmith - Blackbutt
- Popular South Burnett performer Amber Goldsmith will be entertaining at the Scrubby Creek Bar next to the Bunya Nut Cafe in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 5:30pm tonight. Everyone is welcome and there's no admission charge.
Pizza Mania - Proston
- Proston Swimming Pool in Collingwood Street, Proston will be holding a Pizza Mania night from 4:00pm this afternoon, with whole pizzas on offer for $8 and pizza slices for $2. Everyone is welcome.
Saturday Golf - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway south-west of town will be holding their annual Holden Scramble from 10:00am this morning. This is a four person ambrose with a shotgun start at 10:30am. More details? Registrations? Phone (07) 4162-1720.
Craft Afternoon - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy Office Central at 163 Haly Street, Kingaroy will be holding a Craft Afternoon from 1:00pm today. Seating is limited so an RSVP is preferred: (07) 4162-1941.
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Salvation Army Store Opening - Kingaroy
- The Salvation Army will be opening their new Salvos Store at the corner of Kingaroy and Markwell Streets in Kingaroy this morning. The opening service will be held at 10:00am and the doors will open at 10:30am. The Salvation Army Band will be playing and there'll be a free sausage sizzle, as well as a free gift for the first 100 purchases. Everyone is welcome!
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Saturday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Friendship Markets - Kingaroy
- CANCELLED: The third Saturday of the month Friendship Markets will be held at the Cheers Triangle end of the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 7:00am to around 12:00pm today. The markets are jointly run by the Kingaroy Rotary Club and Kingaroy Show Society and they feature a great array of arts, crafts, fruit and flower stalls. New stallholders are always very welcome! More details? Phone Patrick on 0419-648-754. Note: This month's markets have been cancelled due to wet weather. They will return as normal next month.
RSPCA Outdoor Movie Night - Kingaroy
- POSTPONED: The South Burnett RSPCA will be holding an outdoor movie night at Memorial Park in Haly Street, Kingaroy from 6:30pm this evening. They'll be screening the popular animated feature "Finding Dory" and food and refreshments will be available, but BYO seating or blanket. Tickets are $12 for adults, $7 for children or $30 for a family of four. All proceeds will go to the Kingaroy RSPCA shelter. More details? Phone Callie on 0409-893-347 or Sallie on 0418-711-368. Note: This event has been postponed due to wet weather.
Arthur Nettelfield - Kingaroy
- Popular entertainer Arthur Nettelfield will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Saturday, 21 October 2017