On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Tuesday, 03 October 2017
Back To School
- The fourth (and final) term of the 2017 school year begins today and all school-age children attending State schools are required to return to class this morning. Term 4 will conclude on Friday, December 8 (though senior students will get off a bit earlier than this to prepare for their exams). Motorists should take note that reduced speed limits around school grounds also begin to apply from today and you can face a steep fine for exceeding them - so drive slowly.
Blackbutt Car Enthusiasts Club
- The Blackbutt Car Enthusiasts Club will be holding its first Tuesday of the month meeting at the Blackbutt RSL at the corner of Muir and Douglas Streets, Blackbutt at 7:00pm tonight. The club is for motoring enthusiasts - any make, model and vintage are welcome - and in addition to sharing their love of motoring, members take part in monthly runs and attend other local events for Show & Shines. New members are always welcome! More details? Phone Peter on (07) 4170-0289, Chris on 0427-782-573 or Dave on 0499-258-881.
Maidenwell QCWA Meeting
- The Maidenwell branch of the QCWA will be holding their monthly meeting at the Maidenwell Hall Supper Room from 8:45am this morning (when things will kick off with a welcoming cuppa) through until this afternoon. The branch meeting itself will commence at 9:30am and all ladies in the Maidenwell and Bunya Mountains areas are very welcome to come along and meet the other branch members! You can obtain more details by phoning Glenda on (07) 4164 6137 or by emailing her.
QDO Biosecurity Workshop - Kingaroy
- The Queensland Dairyfarmers' Organisation will be running a free biosecurity workshop at the QDAF Research Facility at 214 Kingaroy-Cooyar Road in Kingaroy from 10:00am to 1:30pm today. The workshop will be run by QDO Executive Officer Eric Danzi alongside QDAF staff members Lawrence Gavey (Johnes disease expert) and Malcolm Macleod (ticks expert), and will help QDO members develop a biosecurity plan tailored to their farm and specific circumstances. More details about the workshop are available on the QDO's website.
Elgin Vale QCWA Meeting
- The Elgin Vale branch of the QCWA will be holding their monthly meeting at the Elgin Vale QCWA Rooms at the corner of Manumbar Raod and Porters Road, Nanango from 10:00am to around 12:00 noon today. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Lois on (07) 4162-3824
SBCLP Information Evening - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Community Leadership Program (SBCLP) will be holding an Information Evening at the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy at 5:30pm tonight. The session will be led by Karen Seiler and Georgie Somerset from the Red Earth Community Foundation who will talk about the program's next intake in February and March 2018, as well scholarships that may be available. More details? RSVPs? Contact Kylie van Schyndel on 0401-055-906.
South Burnett Chorale - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Chorale will be holding their regular Tuesday practice night at the Church of Christ Hall at the corner of Haly and Burnett Streets in Kingaroy from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The Chorale meets every Tuesday night during school terms, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Margie on 0424-924-632.
Tuesday Night Indoor Bowls - Wondai
- The Wondai Indoor Bowls Club will be holding its regular Tuesday meeting at the Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 7:30pm this evening. Three games of 12 ends are played, lasting up to three hours, and playing fees are $3. New members are always welcome and you can find out more details by phoning secretary Christine Rasmussen at Wondai on (07) 4169-0995, Maryanne Pearce at Tingoora on (07) 4169 0776, or Faye Holding at Goomeri on (07) 4168 4494.
Nanango Scout Club Meeting
- The Nanango Scout Club - which meets every Tuesday night during school terms - will be holding its regular weekly meeting at the Scout Den at 40 Henry Street, Nanango (just next to the police station) from 5:30pm to around 7:00pm tonight. The group currently has three sections in operation: Joeys (for children aged 6 to 8 years); Cubs (8-11 years); and Scouts (11-15 years). New members are always very welcome, and so are new leaders and youth members for all sections. More details? Phone Shirley Masnata on (07) 4163-7455 or send her an email.
Country Crafters Meeting - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Country Crafters will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The group caters for people interested in crafts and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone June on (07) 4170-0054 or Roslyn on (07) 4163-0682
Tuesday Social Bowls - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street, Nanango will be holding social lawn bowls games from 12:30pm this afternoon. Dress standard is mufti and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman at 9:30am. New members are very welcome. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Danny's Diner - Kingaroy
- Danny's Diner - a free community dinner - will be held at the Uniting Church Hall at the corner of Alford and Youngman streets in Kingaroy from 5:30pm to 7:00pm tonight. The dinner is an initiative of the Kingaroy District Ministry Association for the benefit of anyone who's hungry or otherwise doing it tough. While an RSVP isn't essential, it would be appreciated to help plan the catering. You can make one by phoning Lenelle on (07) 4162-8482. You can also read more about Danny's Diner on our website.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Tuesday Night Trivia - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be holding its regular Tuesday Night Trivia games this evening. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play starts at 7:00pm. Registration is just $2 and play is in teams of six. More details from the RSL: (07) 4162-1755.
Tuesday Night Dance Class - Kumbia
- Dance classes will be held at the Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, Kumbia from 7:30pm tonight. The classes are a great way to learn ballroom dancing classics like the Quick Step, Jazz Waltz, Swing Waltz, Evening Three Step and many more, and class fees are just $4. More details? Phone David on 0459-228- 882.
Zumba Class - Kingaroy
- A Zumba fitness class run by Ange George will be held at the Anglican Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Classes are held at the same time and place every Tuesday and Thursday. Class fees apply.
Tuesday Morning Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Sports & Recreation Consultation Meetings - Blackbutt and Nanango
- The South Burnett Regional Council wants to develop a plan for the region's sporting and recreation facilities over the next 10 years and has hired a specialist consultant - Ross Planning - to help develop it. The Council is interested in the types of sport and recreation activities people in the South Burnett enjoy participating in, or would like to participate in, and will be holding a series of community consultation meetings this week to find out. Tonight it will be holding a meeting in the Blackbutt Community Hall in Bowman Road from 5:30pm to 6:30pm, followed by a second one at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street from 7:30pm to 8:30pm. Other meetings will be held at Murgon and Proston tomorrow, and Kingaroy and Wondai on Thursday.
Tuesday, 03 October 2017