On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 28 October 2017
Wondai Country Markets
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery's popular monthly Wondai Country Markets will be operating at Coronation Park in Wondai's CBD from 7:00am to 12:00 noon today. Today's markets will feature stallholders selling fresh fruit and vegetables, arts and crafts, useful knick-knacks and clothing. There'll also be live entertainment; lots and lots of other stalls selling great gifts and goodies. The Wondai Kindergarten's BBQs will also be firing up from 6:45am to dish out hearty breakfasts to early bargain hunters. New stallholders are always very welcome (stall fees range from $10 with power and water available, if needed) and you can obtain more details by phoning the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926
or by emailing them
1920s Trivia Night - Nanango
- A 1920s Trivia Night will be held at St Patrick's Primary School at 16 Alfred Street, Nanango from 6:30pm tonight as a fundraiser for the school's P&F group. Play will be in teams of 6 to 8. More details? Phone the school on (07) 4163-1555.
Take It To The Track - Nanango
- South Burnett Kart Hire and Nanango's Heritage Community Branch will be jointly hosting Take It To The Track 2017 at the go-kart track on the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango's CBD from 9:00am to 3:00pm today. This popular annual event promotes road safety and provides a rare opportunity to race against local police legally. Hamish and Gabby from Hit FM will be broadcasting live at the event and there'll also be jumping castles, a sausage sizzle, go kart riding, a traffic crash display, a distraction driver simulator, displays of the latest police vehicles and equipment, a stopping distance display and more! Admission is free and everyone is welcome.
Fortunato - Kingaroy
- Popular entertainer Fortunato Isgro will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Wondai ALP Branch Meeting and Meet & Greet
- The Wondai branch of the Australian Labor Party will be holding their monthly meeting in the dining room of the Cecil Hotel in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 12:30pm today, following a morning at the Wondai Country Markets. If you’re not already registered to vote and would like an enrolment form, branch members can help with that. New members are always welcome, too, and you can find out more information by contacting Richie on 0473-733-088 or on Facebook. The branch is particularly interested in hearing from people who live in the Kingaroy, Murgon, Cherbourg, Goomeri, Kilkivan and Tansey areas, and welcomes people of diverse cultural backgrounds. This month's meeting will be followed by a Meet & Greet in the hotel's dining room, where the public can get to meet the ALP's candidates for the Federal seat of Flynn (Zac Beers) and the State seat of Nanango (Ben Rankin). Light refreshments will be provided and everyone is welcome.
Bowls Club Bingo - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
Bogan Bingo - Kingaroy
- Bogan Bingo will be held at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm until around 11:30pm tonight. Bogan Bingo is a touring comedy show that combines the best of a stand-up comedy night with the joys of an 80s theme party - plus bingo! - and its been brought to the region to help raise funds to send Kingaroy Dance Academy students on a USA tour. The night will get underway with a BBQ and bar, and bingo will be played in tables of 7 from about 8:00pm. Naturally, all guests at this adults-only licensed event are encouraged to dress in their very best bogan gear. Tickets are $30 - which includes a grazing platter on each table - and everyone is welcome. Tickets can be obtained in advance from CTC Mechanical or Andersson's Fruit Market in Kingaroy, or at the door tonight.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Pig On A Spit Night - Maidenwell
- Maidenwell's historic Maidenwell Hotel will be holding another of their popular monthly Pig On A Spit evenings from 6:00pm until late tonight (dinner is served from 6:00pm to 8:00pm). There'll be live entertainment from Muddy Flats and lots of cold beer, along with more pork than you can poke a fork at, all served up with with roast potatoes, pumpkin, corn, peas, carrots, applesauce and gravy! There'll also be roast beef and spit roasted chicken on the menu tonight for those who prefer a non-pork option, plus a vegetarian option (ie vegies only). In addition, there'll also be a Meat Raffle run as a fundraiser for Tanduringie State School, with three quality meat trays from The Little Butcher in Kingaroy up for grabs. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the pub on (07) 4164-6133.
Amanda Sempf - Blackbutt
- Popular South Burnett performer Amanda Sempf will be entertaining at the Scrubby Creek Bar next to the Bunya Nut Cafe in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 6:00pm tonight. Everyone is welcome and there's no admission charge.
Saturday Golf - Nanango and Murgon
- The Nanango Golf Club on the D'Aguilar Highway north of town will be holding its Raine & Horne 2 Person Ambrose for men, women and mixed teams today. Names need to be in by 11:00am for a shotgun start at 11:30am, and everyone is welcome. More details from the golf club on (07) 4163-1463. Meanwhile, the Murgon Golf Club on the Bunya Highway south of Murgon's CBD will be holding their Ladies Life Members Open Day today as a fundraiser for breast cancer research. This will be an 18 hole 4B aggregate stroke event for female golfers with a $25 per play nomination fee, and names will be accepted from 9:30am for a 10:30am shotgun start. Players are encouraged to wear pink. More details from the golf club on (07) 4168-1608.
Ken Baines Disco - Kingaroy
- A Ken Baines Disco with a Halloween theme will be held at Saint Mary's Parish Hall in Albert Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm this evening. Everyone is welcome.
Halloween Fright Festival - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy will be holding a Halloween Fright Festival from 8:00pm until around 1:00am tonight. This year the Com.Pub will be opening the Nest Night Club for a spectacle of frightning make up and fake blood, cocktails, mixers and hot touring DJs Not Twiins supported by resident DJ Direx to pump out the beats that will get hearts racing. Admission is free if you get in early and Halloween costumes are welcome, too.
Country Halloween Matchmaking Festival
- CANCELLED: A Country Halloween Matchmaking Festival will be held at Kingaroy Town Hall and the Glendon Street Forecourt from 5:00pm until late tonight. This $60 per head event is a fundraiser for the Lady Bjelke-Petersen Community Hospital and it will feature speed dating; formal match making appointments with Robyn Ramsay; a Perfect Match segment; corpse bride photo opportunities; prizes for the best King and Queen of Halloween Hearts; a Dirty Dancing competition; face painting; and live entertainment by DJ Tyson Clancy-Jones. Food and drinks will be available for purchase, and tickets include a complimentary drink on arrival and a light supper. Tickets can be obtained in advance from the hospital, or at the door tonight. More details? Phone Michael on 0427-575-400.
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding their Saturday meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
NDIS Career Opportunities Info Day - Wondai
- An information day about career opportunities for independent support workers who'll be employed under the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 9:00am to 2:00pm today. The workshop will feature guest speakers, information and a Q&A session along with a free morning tea, and lunch will be available for purchase. More details? RSVPs? Phone Di on 0409-068-354 or (07) 4168-4020.
Wondai Royale Casino Night
- POSTPONED: Wondai State School P&C will be holding a Wondai Royale Casino Night at the Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street from 7:00pm until late tonight as a fundraiser to purchase digital technology resources for the school. This is a licensed event for people aged 18 or higher and it will offer blackjack, poker, roulette and a money wheel along with live entertainment and cocktail food. Smart casual dress applies and there'll be prizes for the best dressed, along with raffles and an auction. Tickets - which include funny money to gamble with - are $40 per head and they can be obtained in advance from the school's office or at the door tonight. Note: Due to unforeseen circumstances, this event was postponed to a new date next year (yet to be announced) on Wednesday, October 25.
Saturday, 28 October 2017