On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Saturday, 14 October 2017
Maclagan Squeezebox Festival
- The 15th annual Maclagan Squeezebox Festival will be held at Maclagan Memorial Hall on the Dalby-Cooyar Road in the heart of Maclagan village today. Activities will kick off at 9:00am with a walk-up concert, which will be followed by the main concert that will run from 1:00pm until around 5:30pm. There'll be morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on offer during the day, and the main concert will be followed by a dinner at 6:00pm, and then a great Old Time dance from 7:00pm until late. A canteen will be running all day and a licensed bar will begin operating in the afternoon. Admission is $12 for adults for the daytime events, and $10 for adults for the dance (children under 15 are free to attend both). There'll also be Lucky Door prizes and a raffle. If you plan to stay over, accommodation and camping is available nearby and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4692-1335 for daytime music enquiries, or (07) 4692-1265 for dance enquiries. You can also get more information from the Squeezebox Festival website.
Dusty Day Out - Moffatdale
- The 5th annual Dusty Day Out will be held at Dusty Hill Vineyard in Moffatdale from noon to midnight today. This event - which is strictly limited to 400 guests - has been a sell-out the past three years. Bands this year include Sun Salute, Pop Standen and Band, Full House, Bad Habits, Whiskey & Me, The Venture and Bob Mouat. There'll be free overnight camping on the grounds (no power or other facilities) and no pets or BYO are allowed. Tickets are $60 per head and can be booked on Eventbrite.
Wooroolin Community Markets
- The Wooroolin Community Markets will be held inside the Wooroolin QCWA Rooms on the Bunya Highway at Wooroolin from 6:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets offer stalls, a sausage sizzle, fresh produce, plants and crafts and are run on the 2nd Saturday of every month except January. Stall fees are just $5 and new stallholders are always welcome. More details? Phone Janice on 0439-073-160 or send her an email.
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
- The Yarraman Progress Association's Yarraman Markets will be held on the vacant block at the corner of the D'Aguilar and New England Highways in Yarraman from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today (ie opposite Bendigo Bank). The markets feature trash and treasure stalls, car boot sellers, local produce and hand-made goods, as well as food stalls, and are held on the second Saturday of every month. Everyone is welcome and if you'd like to book a stall yourself - it's only $5! - call Joe on (0459) 638-282 Note: There'll also be a Show & Shine at the markets from 8:00am to 1:00pm today.
Italian Night - Kumbia
- The Kumba Kindy will be holding an Italian Night at Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, Kumbia from 6:00pm until late tonight as a fundraiser. Guests are invited dress up as their favourite mafia gangster or gal for a night of Italian cuisine prepared by JC Catering, live music and fun for all ages. Tickets are $30 for adults and $15 for primary school aged children (under 5's are free). More details? Phone Chantelle on 0407-022-056 or Jodie on 0408-354-534.
Justice Crew - Kingaroy
- Eight time ARIA nominees Justice Crew will be coming to the South Burnett for the first time tonight as part of their 20 venue "Kick Ons" tour. The group will be performing their biggest hits - including "Que Sera," Boom Boom," "Everybody," Best Night," "Love My life" and new material - at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy at 7:00pm. Tickets are $44.76 (general) or $85.90 (VIP) and they can be booked online. After the concert, the official after party will be held next door at the Commercial Hotel.
South Burnett Speedway - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Speedway Club will be holding the first meeting of their 2017-2018 racing season at their track inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy this afternoon and evening. The focus of today's meeting will be the first round of the Brims Concrete Super Sedan Series, but there'll also be Modified Sedans, Production Sedans, Street Stocks and Junior Sedans burning up the track. Admission is $25 for adults and $15 for concessions and students. Under 12s can get in for free if accompanied by an adult, and a canteen will be operating on site. The main gate will open at 2:00pm and the first pedals will hit the metal at around 4:00pm. You can find out more on the Speedway's website.
Ken Willett Live - Maidenwell
- Popular country music performer Ken (Willo) Willett will be performing at the Maidenwell Hotel from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4164-6133.
Saturday Rugby League - Cherbourg
- If you're missing the league now the Grand Final is over, get on down to Jack O'Chin Oval in Cherbourg today to watch the Hornets play Samoa Queensland. Under 14s will play at 10.30am, Under 16s at 11.30am, Under 18s at 12.30pm, Women at 1.45pm and A Grade at 3.00pm.
Garage Sale - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street, Nanango will be holding a Garage Sale from 7:00am until around 11:30am this morning. Creative Connections members work in a wide range of craft areas, and this morning's sale will have lots of hand-made crafts on offer at bargain prices.
Nanango Debutante Ball
- A Nanango Debutante Ball will be held at the Nanango High School Hall in Elk Street, Nanango this evening. Doors open at 6:30pm (for a 7:00pm start) nand the $10 entry fee includes supper. Everyone is welcome, and you can find out more details and/or book tickets by phoning Tammy on 0429-632-976.
Cooyar Trail Bike Ride
- The annual Cooyar Trail Bike Ride - a fundraiser for the Cooyar State School P&C - will be held in and around the Cooyar Showgrounds on the Cooyar Rangemore Road, Cooyar today and tomorrow. Today's events will kick off with a compulsory rider briefing at 10:00am, followed by riding around the loop from 10:15am to 3:00pm. If you're a participant, an MQ Day Licence will set you back $10 and entry fees are $75 in the Open class, $40 for Sunday riders only, $20 for Novices or $10 for Pee Wees, but spectators are welcome to come watch the action for free. There'll also be free on-site camping in the grounds on Friday and Saturday (with showers and toilets), but you'll need to BYO water and lights, and glass and dogs are forbidden. A canteen will be operating Saturday and Sunday, and a licensed bar on Saturday night. You can get more details by phoning Scott on (07) 4692-6193 or Jacinta on (07) 4692-6050, or by by emailing them.
Obedience And Rally O Trials - Nanango
- The Nanango & District All Breeds Kennel Club will be holding the first day of their weekend-long Obedience and Rally O Trial at the Nanango Sports Fields in Burnett Street, Nanango from 2:00pm to around 6:30pm this afternoon and evening. Catering will be available at the grounds all day, and there'll be free overnight camping too.
Carol C. - Blackbutt
- The Scrubby Creek Bar next to the Bunya Nut Cafe in Coulson Street, Blackbutt will be hosting live music with Carol C. from 6:30pm tonight. Everyone is welcome and there's no admission charge.
SEK Queensland Vs Auskart Challenge - Nanango
- The Nanango Go-Kart Track on the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango's CBD will be hosting the SEK Queensland Vs Auskart Performance Class Challenge from 8:00am this morning until early afternoon. This is a once-a-year event between the two clubs which always offers a great day of racing action. The format will be two 1-hour races, followed by a three hour race that will bring different strategies into play. A canteen will be operating all day and spectators are very welcome.
Rainforest Tour - Murgon
- Bunya Nurseries at the corner of Retschlag Street and the Bunya Highway in Murgon will be running a tour of dense rainforest plantings in the Murgon district from 10:30am this morning. The tour would be of interest to both gardeners and naturalists, and you can obtain more details by phoning Megan on 0437-792-779.
Saturday Golf - Proston and Blackbutt
- The Proston Golf Club at 81 Brigooda Road in Proston will be hosting the annual Smithfield Golf Day today. There'll be two competitions - a 9 hole individual stroke with a shotgun start at 8:45am for men and women, which will be followed by a BBQ lunch; and a 9 hole three person ambrose with a shotgun start at 12:45pm, followed by a BBQ dinner. Green fees are $15 for one competition and a meal, or $20 for two competitions and two meals. Both golfers and non-golfers are welcome, and RSVPs should be made to Smithfield on (07) 4168-9104 or Rob on 0448-619-348. Meanwhile, the Blackbutt Golf Club at 51 Langton Road, Blackbutt will be holding their Monthly Mug competition from 7:00am this morning. Today's competition is the last chance to qualify before next month's finals, and all golfers are welcome. More details from the golf club on (07) 4163-0180.
Nanango Stamp Club Meeting
- The Nanango Stamp Club will be holding its second Saturday of the month meeting at Nanango RSL in Henry Street, Nanango from 10:00am onwards this morning, followed by lunch for those who'd like to stay on for a bite afterwards. The club is the South Burnett's sole affiliated member of the Queensland Philatelic Council and promotes the hobby of stamp collecting in our region. It meets on the second Saturday morning of each month, and anyone interested in stamp collecting is very welcome to come along for a fun morning out with fellow collectors. More details? Phone Doug on (07) 4163-3013.
Colours Of Yarraman Garden Party
- A garden party will be held at Heritage House in Millar Street, Yarraman from 5:00pm to 8:00pm this evening to present awards to the winners of this year's Colours Of Yarraman festival, which concludes tomorrow. Everyone is welcome.
Saturday, 14 October 2017